Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Melt For You (Slow Burn #2) by J T Geissinger ~**~


***5 ‘Mountain’ Stars***

I’ve found that many of Ms. Geissinger’s books take me on a major emotional rollercoaster, which I’m not complaining about in anyway because that is always a good thing when it comes to a book, but this one...this one was a category 5 hurricane settled over me the entire time I was devouring the words. I think the term ‘All the feels’ is an understatement, a huge one because I felt them all and then some, but even with the huge emotional upheaval I’m sitting here typing this out with a big dopey smile on my face, because regardless of emotional hurricane, it was kind of everything.

Joellen I wanted to hug and Gibbs smack in equal measure. There were so many times I was like “Don’t go there...don’t go…*Big heavy sigh* You went there” but I also got her. I mean like deep down, I could pretty much predict what she was going to think kind of GOT her. It was scary, but it was real. And when I wasn’t sighing in frustration, I loved her sass and snark and just how golden her heart was.

Cameron drove me batshit crazy. He did. I had so many “seriously” moments with this man it was nuts BUT I couldn’t help but adore him. The goodness in this man mixed with a heavy dose of tenacity that would make a pitbull proud.

These two drove me batshit crazy in equal measure. I don’t think there are many couples in romancelandia who I can say I was equally divided about while experiencing their journey with them, but I know Cameron and Joellen aren’t the first. There were so many times I wanted to reach through the Kindle and shake them, hug them...Gibbs smack them, but I coudn’t and had to sit back and wait for them to actually go there finally. But what they put each other through was funny, frustrating, sweet and smexy and in the end they truly got the HEA they so richly deserved because they ended up being exactly what the other never realized they needed.

I’m sure you get it by now that I adored the book and am a fangirl, so we’ll it at that. The secondary characters were a definite mixed bag. I honestly did like most of them, but I do have lots of love for Mr. Bingley & Mrs. Dinwiddle and possibly Portia...kind of sort of...you’ll see when you read it. And you really should read this one. It’s got it all and will leave you with a huge smile on your face in the end.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~


A wallflower gets seduction tips from a playboy athlete—until love changes the rules.
Socially awkward Joellen Bixby has a date every Saturday—with her cat, a pint of ice cream, and fantasies of the way-too-handsome Michael Maddox. She’d give anything to win over the unattainable CEO of her firm, but how can she when she blends in so well with her cubicle? The answer may be closer than she thinks.

Cameron McGregor is a cocky, tattooed Scottish rugby captain who just moved in next door. He’s not Jo’s type—at all—but the notorious playboy is offering to teach the wallflower everything he knows about inspiring desire. Though a lot of women have rumpled Cam’s kilt, Jo is special. Far from the ugly duckling she thinks she is, in Cam’s eyes she’s sharp, funny, and effortlessly sexy. Now, thanks to him, Jo is blooming with confidence and has the man of her dreams within reach.

Unfortunately for Cam, he’s just helped to push the woman of his dreams into the arms of another man—and now he’s in the fight of his life to keep this beauty from getting away.

Release Date: May 15th, 2018
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * CA * AU


A former headhunter, J.T. Geissinger is the author of more than a dozen novels in contemporary romance, paranormal romance, and romantic suspense.

She is the recipient of the Prism Award for Best First Book, the Golden Quill Award for Best Paranormal/Urban Fantasy, and is a two-time finalist for the RITA® Award from the Romance Writers of America®. Her work has also finaled in the Booksellers’ Best, National Readers’ Choice, and Daphne du Maurier Awards.

Join her Facebook reader’s group, Geissinger’s Gang, to take part in weekly Wine Wednesday live chats and giveaways, find out more information about works in progress, have access to exclusive excerpts and contests, and get advance reader copies of her upcoming releases.

Comments