Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: When It All Goes Still by Allison Mullinax ~**~


***4 Stars***

I don’t read a lot of books where time travel is a main component of the storyline, but then again I never thought I’d read a book where the sport of bass fishing was either, so considering how much I enjoyed that one I decided to give this one a go and I really enjoyed it. It had a good mix of humor, heart, smexyness and suspense that kept me turning the pages to see what would happen next.

Traveler was interesting, in a good way. He was cocky, and didn’t bother to tone it down no matter who he was dealing with. But he wasn’t a jerk, at least not unless someone did something to deserve the full force of his personality. He has a good moral compass, even when he doesn’t do what he is supposed to.

I really liked Johanna. She’s had a rough couple of years, but has found a way to at least have a semblance of a life, though it’s a bit difficult with outside forces interfering. She’s sweet, sassy and has good dose of restraint when it comes to certain people, which I found highly commendable even when I wanted her take the leash off and give them a piece of her mind.

Traveler and Jo’s journey is definitely an interesting one, especially as things become more complicated as things progress, but outside of those issues, I really liked them together. They had that pull towards each other, but the more time they spent together the more apparent it was that they belonged together. I really liked how she found out about Traveler and what time he is from and the whole time traveling thing. Things get a little cray cray, but I really like where they were at in the end.

As I said at the start, I haven’t read a lot of books where time travel is a major component of the story, but the author does a great job with explaining the ins and outs of the world that Traveler has grown up in and how time travel is possible. It’s all at once complex and vivid and yet has a simplicity that makes it easy to believe in. The secondary characters were very well written and there is a pretty even split of those I liked and those I wanted to gut with a spoon. The ending is one of those that I was good with and yet there were some things I wanted more of.

But, overall, if you’re looking for a time travel romance then I definitely recommend that you give When It All Goes Still a try!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


Traveler is arrogant, rebellious, and the most skillful Observation Agent within the division. His refusal to follow the agency rules finally catches up to him and a girl witnesses him time travel.

Johanna Martin is a witty adventurous runner recovering from the tragic loss of her parents. Confused by the dark-faced stranger and what he was doing at the local state park, she is unable to ignore the effects it has had on her.

With his life and reputation at risk, Traveler must choose...Johanna or his life?

Release Date: May 15th, 2018



North Alabama native, Allison Mullinax, grew up in the small lake town of Guntersville, AL. She discovered the escapism and addiction of writing at an early age. Today she remains a lover of reading, all things outdoors, and spending time with her husband and three daughters.

Comments