“MOVING ON” IS JUST ABOUT ACTING THE PART.
I would never say as much to the people I love, but it’s the truth.
They want to see me doing better.
They want to see me living for more than just my son.
So I let them.
Every day is about putting on a face,
pretending to get over the loss of my husband.
And every day is a lie.
UNTIL MOVING ON IS A TEMPTATION THAT CAN’T BE DENIED.
I’m not about to claim I’m a genius,
unless we’re talking with a tattoo gun or woman in my hands,
but I’m smart enough to know the beauty serving up my cupcake fix is off limits.
Really, I know.
Too bad the lure of putting a real smile on Kate’s face is so strong.
When she visits Sailor’s Grave Tattoo Parlor,
I can’t help but want to leave my mark
Release Date: May 17th, 2018
***4.5 Stars***
I absolutely adored Liam. Talk about book boyfriend all the way. He’s sweet, charming, considerate, patient and tenacious. And though he doesn’t fall into the alpha AF category, he still got that alpha vibe when it comes to taking care of those he calls his own.
I loved Kate. My heart hurt for her and all that she had and was going through, but I loved her strength and how hard she loved, even when it hurt her. Her journey was a long one with a lot of ups and downs, but to watch as she worked through it all and coming out stronger for it was a absolutely satisfying.
Liam and Kate’s journey to their HEA is all kinds of slow burn goodness as they both work through what it means to have loved, lost and to find love again. It’s was a rough one, but to watch Liam and Kate connect and become more was totally worth it. They had a sort of flow when they were together that had me rooting for them from the very beginning.
This is my first Drew Elyse book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing was engaging, the pacing was good and the dual 1st person POV was well done. This is a spin-off of her Savage Disciples MC series, which I didn’t know before diving in, but I never felt as if I was missing out on anything, though I do hope to find time to read that series in the future *Glances at the TBR pile and sighs*. I loved the supporting cast of characters and I loved what they brought to the table as Liam and Kate worked things out. My fav’s are Conor, Margot and Owen ~ though no one should be surprised that they are ~ but I loved Jess, Avery and Daz as well and am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on Jess’s book next!
~ Copy provided via InkSlinger PR & voluntarily reviewed ~
When she isn't writing, she can usually be found analyzing every line of a book, binge watching shows on Netflix, doing strange vocal warm ups before singing in a variety of musical styles, or screaming at the TV during Chicago Blackhawks games.
A graduate of Loyola University Chicago, she still lives outside Chicago, IL, where she was born and raised, with her boyfriend and her fur babies Lola and Duncan.









Comments
Post a Comment