Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Church (Church #1) by Stylo Fantome ~**~


***5 ‘Inside’ Stars***

This book is an adventure.

Not one of those cookie cutter, happy, swoony sigh ones - though I’ll be honest and say that there were moments when sighs happened, but they weren’t those kind - adventures.

This is Dark, deviant, psychological, unique and so much of a mind fuck that it repels while drawing you in.

You want and need to know not only what the hell is truly going on, but what the end game here truly is as two uniquely damaged and yet whole souls collide and find a strange sort of solace in one another.

Church and Emma absolutely fascinated me. That’s really the only way to describe how I feel about them because anything else would diminish the broken complexity of who they are as individuals and together. They are dark and light and unwavering stubbornness as to how they view themselves and the world, but they are also constantly evolving even when they don’t recognize it happening. Their journey, thus far, is dark, deviant and something of a mind fuck but in the best of ways and all I can say right now is that fit and find a way to...settle the demons that plague them.

This one definitely leans more towards the dark end of the spectrum and there are definite triggers throughout the book in one form or another, but it’s not as dark as it could be, nor as it looks like the next book is promising to be. And speaking of that ending...it’s something of a cliffhanger in the respect that it has me wanting the next book sooner rather than later (October seems so far away and yet I know it’ll be here in no time flat) but it wasn’t a total WTF, where did that come from type of cliffy either. It’s somewhere in between and done quite well. So, time to practice some patience while waiting to find out what’s up for Emma and Church next.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


A broken girl.

An unusual boy.

A beautiful face that hides a dark secret and an ugly past.

Sealed lips which hide wicked words and dangerous thoughts.

She would kill for him to love her.

He just wants to kill.

Maybe, if Emma Hartley prays hard enough, Church Logan can make both their wishes come true.

Fuse, meet match.

**warning: if you have triggers - this story will touch on a lot of them. This book is a psychological thriller, 65,000+ words.**

Release Date: July 20th, 2018


Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, and I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink. No, I do not live in an igloo, and no, the sun does not set for six months out of the year, there's your Alaska lesson for the day. I have mermaid hair - both a curse and a blessing - and most of the time I talk so fast, even I can't understand me.

Yeah. I think that about sums me up.

Comments