***5 ‘Stepping Stones’ Stars***
Truth #1: Technically there should be two separate reviews going up, and I had planned on doing that, but when you have book one and two on the Kindle at the same time and stopping to review book one before starting book two becomes physically impossible...well, you just let it ride.
Truth #2: This will be a vague and possibly/probably verbal vomity review.
Truth #3: I was kinda hesitant to dive into this one.
Truth #3 probably comes as no surprise to anyone who read The Blue Line duet. That duet caused a lot of...turmoil for some and although I enjoyed it, I had all kinds of crazy rolling around in my head about what would be in store for us in this one. This isn’t to say that I wasn’t looking forward to Colby’s story, nor that I didn’t trust the author to give me a good read, but the hesitation was there. And though things did start off a little slow for me, and I had a mmmhhmmm moment, I ended up getting totally sucked in and adoring ~ even when groaning in frustration ~ this book. It gave me all the feels and more. I mean talk about hitting all the right buttons ~ even the eye rolling ones. It gave me the HEA I believe our MC’s so richly deserve and has wishing there were more words to read when it comes to them.
Colby. I adored Colby after first meeting him in The Blue Line duet and that feeling only got stronger in this one. He’s matured and though he is still very much the regimented Colby we first met, there is a lightness to him you can see. He is still broody and has a difficult time with dealing with his emotions at times, but he is also protective, caring and has honor stamped on his soul.
“Her” Now some may know, thinking they know, guessed, who the girl is and if you have kudos to you, but as there is still some mystery surrounding her, I’m going to err on the side of vagueness. This girl, this woman was someone who upon first encountering her, I was chill with. I liked her, but wasn’t taken by her. But as the story evolved and I got to see behind the facade, I found I connected with her on a level I didn’t expect. I may not have experienced all she went through but I GOT her. I felt her. I not only empathized, but sympathized on a level that gave me a pretty damn good gut punch and in the end I adored her. She is vibrant, sassy, compassionate and strong.
Their journey to their HEA is a definite journey will a lot of bumps in the road, but one that they both needed to go on and I really enjoyed watching their relationship evolve. They were compatible in more ways than then could have ever thought possible giving each other a safe place to land and yet different enough that they challenged each other to be more and in the end I loved where they ended up.
While I don’t believe this one will cause the same….turmoil as The Blue Line Duet did, there will be some who just won’t be feeling it for various reasons, but such is life. For myself, I thoroughly enjoyed the journey, and I will admit that being able to read the books back to back was a definite bonus, but Ms. Quinn did a great job at bringing these perfectly imperfect characters to life and making them feel real and having me want more of them even after there were no more words to read. As for the secondary characters, we get to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. Rowdy and Bent are my fav’s, but I’m hoping we get to see more of the entire crew at some point in the future because there were a few things simmering beneath the surface and I really want to know if/how it all works out for them.
~ Copy provided by the author via InkSlinger PR & voluntarily reviewed ~
For better or for worse,'til death do us part . . .
The better captured me; she's who stole my heart.
And made me realize I couldn’t live without this woman.
The worse of her took my breath away--kicked me when I was down and twisted me into a million knots.
When I first met her, I thought she was someone I would never see again.
The second time I ran into her, it was a random coincidence.
The third?
I didn’t know it at the time, but she was the girl I was going to marry.
But life isn’t always perfect. You have to take the better and the worse--even if it means giving her up, having her slip between your fingers, and letting her walk away.
I’m getting married.
This is forever, 'til death do us part.
Release Date: August 28th, 2018
In sickness and in health, to love and to cherish . . .
It sounds so simple, to love someone unconditionally.
To give them your heart.
So why is she slowly eating away at my soul with every unanswered phone call, every unread text, and every door left unopened?
She said yes, and yet, in order for her to be with me . . . I need to let her go.
Release Date: August 31st, 2018
Born in New York and raised in Southern California, Meghan has grown into a sassy, peanut butter eating, blonde haired swearing, animal hoarding lady. She is known to bust out and dance if “It’s Raining Men” starts beating through the air and heaven forbid you get a margarita in her, protect your legs because they may be humped.
Once she started commuting for an hour and twenty minutes every day to work for three years, she began to have conversations play in her head, real life, deep male voices and dainty lady coos kind of conversations. Perturbed and confused, she decided to either see a therapist about the hot and steamy voices running through her head or start writing them down. She decided to go with the cheaper option and started writing… enter her first novel, Caught Looking.
Now you can find the spicy, most definitely on the border of lunacy, kind of crazy lady residing in Colorado with the love of her life and her five, furry four legged children, hiking a trail or hiding behind shelves at grocery stores, wondering what kind of lube the nervous stranger will bring home to his wife. Oh and she loves a good boob squeeze!








Comments
Post a Comment