Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Mercenary Princess (Mercenary Socialites #1) by Setta Jay ~**~


***5 “Don’t Even Mock My Crazy Right Now” Stars***

I almost...ALMOST...passed this baby up.

The cover was the hook and when I read the synopsis I had that gut feeling that it could be a totally ME book, but then I looked at my reading “schedule” and I waffled a bit because I didn’t know if I’d have the time to read it, but then I saw a little convo between two GR reviewers (one I follow, one I don’t) and I figured I’d chance ‘em. And I am so damn glad I did because this was such a fun read. I mean the goodness that is in this book is kinda everything. Smexy, funny, intriguing and filled with characters I want to spend more time with and find out all of their secrets.

Sophia and Viktor were all kinds of everything and I absolutely adored them. Sophia can play the part of the princess and appear cold, untouchable and just slightly...bland. But the woman beneath is so much more. She is sassy, savvy, intelligent and a golden heart. Viktor is lethal. Which is an understatement because the man is all kinds of alpha AF intense in all the good ways. Determined and intelligent, despite the blood on his hands, the man is a protector to his very core and will do anything for those he calls his.

Sophia and Viktor’s journey was so much fun. They simply clicked in every way possible. The sexual chemistry between them was intense from the start, hands down, so when the smexy times happen it was nuclear (have that B.O.B. charged up and ready to go) but it was as they started to get to know each other beyond the physical that it became more and more apparent how well they fit together. Both are strong willed with a very strong sense of self and moral code, so the playing field when it came to who was “in charge” was quite even ~ an a lot of fun to watch. I loved their little battles as well as the softer side to their relationship and when that little bump in their road happened, I did side with Sophia ~ couldn’t help it ~ but I loved how everything worked out for them in the end.

This is my first Setta Jay book and I’m really happy I took the plunge with Mercenary Princess. The writing hooked me right from the start and I got absolutely invested in the world she created. The whole mercenary situation worked for me because it felt like it was something that could happen, if it wasn’t already. Nothing was OTT or seemed implausible, everything made sense to me ~ even if it was in a James Bond kind of way. And then there are the unique cast of characters that populate this world. You all know I love me some well written secondary/soon to be primary characters and this book is chock full of them and they brought so much life and depth to the story. Jen is my fav and I’m hoping we’ll see more of her as the series progresses. I’m definitely looking forward to getting to know Irina, Riot and Forde more ~ as well as the rest of the mercenary squad, but Titian had me sitting up and taking notice in big, BIG way.

So, I now have a new author and series to #fangirl over and work at #praticingpatience until the next book drops!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

Release Date: August 16th, 2018


Setta Jay is the author of the popular Guardians of the Realms series. She's garnered attention and rave reviews in the paranormal romance world for creating stories that incorporate a strong plot with a heavy dose of heat.

Setta loves to hear from readers so feel free to ask her questions on social media or send her an email and she will happily reply.

Be sure to subscribe to her newsletter for giveaways, exclusive excerpts and release information.

Comments