Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Ache for You (Slow Burn #3) by JT Geissinger ~**~




***3 Stars***

This one has me in a bit of a wonky place all around and I know explaining it will more than likely fall into the verbal vomity realm so bear with me. I was absolutely excited to get my hands on this baby. I loved the first two books in this series, as well as all the other books by the author I’ve been able to get my hands on, so I had no doubt that I’d be all kinds of loving this one...but that isn’t what happened. I liked it and did enjoy the book in general, but what I liked didn’t really have anything to do with Kimber and Matteo’s journey to their HEA and more to do with the relationships Kimber had with almost everyone but Matteo *winces and hangs head*.

I know. I know. THIS is a romance. I am SUPPOSED to be all about Kimber and Matteo and their journey, but the honest truth is that they were just too OTT craycray for me, which kind of freaks me out because I ADORED the Bad Habit series and lemme tell you the OTT craycray was real in that one. I liked both Kimber and Matteo and I understood where they were both coming from, but instead of being amused by it all, I ended up being aggravated to the point where I couldn’t deal any more. I needed one of them to step back and be the adult and IMHO it should have been Matteo. I know this won’t be a popular stance because Kimber also needed to chill ~ badly ~ but she had the rug pulled out from under her in more ways than one and had cause for her reactions...at least for a little while. But, alas, neither decided to use their adulting card and I lost interest in them.

But what I did like, the reason for the rating, were the relationships Kimber had with her very small group of friends, and they had with each other. Jenner (whose name I LOVE and have loved since watching a certain animated movie in my youth), Danielle and Brad showed me who Kimber was down to her very cells and I loved the interactions she had with all of them and I lived for those moments.

It pains me when I don’t end up loving a book by an author I stalk on the regular, it really does. I didn’t dislike Ache For You, but I wish I had loved it more than I did, so I’m putting this on the “It’s not you, it’s me” shelf. This isn’t to say that you won’t absolutely adore it, so if you love the author and love OTT characters I totally recommend that you give it a go and I hope that you love it.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~


In this fairy tale with a sexy twist, she’s a penniless San Francisco seamstress. He’s the king of Italian couture. Who’s got designs on whom?

Boutique owner Kimber DiSanto has seen better days. She’s been dumped at the altar by Prince Charmless, her business went up in flames (literally), and now she’s stuck in Florence, Italy, with an ice-queen stepmother, to try to save her late father’s failing dress shop. Only one thing could make it worse: another man in her life. The arrogant Italian fashion tycoon offering to buy her father’s shop is as rich as he is sexy, and their attraction is off the charts. But Kimber’s not about to get burned again.

Women don’t say no to Matteo Moretti—and certainly not with Kimber’s stinging precision. With all the heat and fury sparking between them, Matteo can’t resist baiting the gorgeous American. His plan? Win her over one scorching kiss at a time.

Kimber tells herself it’s all just a game. That her broken heart isn’t in danger, and that Matteo’s touch does not make her Lady Land dance with joy. But sometimes it takes the fieriest of enemies to turn a fantasy into a real-life romance.

Release Date: November 6th, 2018

A former headhunter, J.T. Geissinger is the author of more than a dozen novels in contemporary romance, paranormal romance, and romantic suspense.

She is the recipient of the Prism Award for Best First Book, the Golden Quill Award for Best Paranormal/Urban Fantasy, and is a two-time finalist for the RITA® Award from the Romance Writers of America®. Her work has also finaled in the Booksellers’ Best, National Readers’ Choice, and Daphne du Maurier Awards.

Join her Facebook reader’s group, Geissinger’s Gang, to take part in weekly Wine Wednesday live chats and giveaways, find out more information about works in progress, have access to exclusive excerpts and contests, and get advance reader copies of her upcoming releases.

Comments