Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Demon’s Mercy (Dark Protectors #9) by Rebecca Zanetti ~**~


***5 ‘#TeamLogan’ Stars***

Ever since meeting Logan and Garrett in Wicked Ride I have had a huge, HUGE, book boyfriend crush on them both. I mean, I seriously ADORE both of them, so to say I did a happy dance when I found out that Logan was getting his HEA is an understatement and I was not disappointed. I will admit that there were moments of huge eye rolls and wanting to pull out my “bang head here” sign and use it, but I loved it all and wanted more.

I’m going to sound like a broken record, but I ADORED Logan. He is all kinds of Alpha AF/Book Boyfriend goodness. Protective, stubborn and deadly (when it’s called for) and all kinds of sweet and smexy, the male is kind of everything. Mercy....Here’s the thing with Mercy, I loved her, I did, but dear lord did she try my patience. I mean, I can’t really hate on her because she is so steadfast in her beliefs, and she comes by them honestly, but man...she tried me. Thankfully she is sweet, snarky and intelligent and definitely kept me on my toes.

As for their journey to their HEA, it was a rocky one, an enjoyable one for sure, what with the whole kidnapping thing, but even with all the craycray going on that spark between them was there from the very start. I loved how they got to know each other and found that despite the issues they were facing, they actually liked each other and in a weird way complemented the other. The how and why they ended up mated was not what I was expecting, but it totally worked for me.

A lot happens in this book, like craycray kind of stuff happens, but it kept me turning the pages to find out what would happen next. Well, that and the rest of the crazy cast of characters. I obviously did the whole swoony sigh thing whenever Garrett was around, Sam may be coming in a quick second though. I love Hope and Pax and all that is going on there. And then there is Grace and Adare, I want more of them for sure. But I’m definitely looking forward to getting my hands on Alpha’s Promise because Vike totally intrigues me and I need more!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

Duty meets desire . . .

Mercy O’Malley hates killing people. So when she’s assigned to take out Vampire-Demon Logan Kyllwood, she lures him to a seedy bar in Scotland, then decides to kidnap him instead. How can she cold-bloodedly end all that heat, those green eyes, that ripped body?

Unfortunately for Mercy, attempted murder and kidnapping are just foreplay for the Kyllwood brothers. Logan may be the youngest of the bunch, but death and violence are already a way of life.  Now he’s ready to complete a painful, terrifying ritual to become one of the Seven, dedicated to protecting this world from the most dangerous evil it’s ever known. But first he has to deal with a blackmailing Fey, a ransom demand and his own pounding need for the last female he ever should have fallen for . . .

Release Date: January 22nd, 2019


New York Times and USA Today Bestseller Rebecca Zanetti is the author of over twenty-five dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and contemporary romances. She lives in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest with her own Alpha hero, two kids, a couple of dogs, a crazy cat…and a huge extended family. She believes strongly in luck, karma, and working her butt off…and she thinks one of the best things about being an author, unlike the lawyer she used to be, is that she can let the crazy out. Her current series are: The Dark Protectors, The Maverick Montana Cowboys, and the Sin Brothers series. Upcoming series are: The Realm Enforcers and The Scorpius Syndrome.

Comments