Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren ~**~



***4 Stars***

The description was the hook for me.

I mean, we all know how crazy online dating can be, even if you’ve never gone beyond lurking around a dating website (I’ve gone beyond...just putting it out there), so taking a chance on the book was really a no brainer and I found it to be a fun read filled with characters I really liked and the situations they found themselves in amusing and easy to relate to.

With that said, I find myself in a bit of a conundrum. Not a huge one ~ as you can tell by my rating ~ it’s just that...well...as much as I liked Millie and Reid’s journey, I find that it was the interactions between their group of friends, no matter who was or wasn’t apart of them, that was what kept me turning the pages.

Now, this isn’t entirely unusual for me, if you’ve read any of my reviews I absolutely ADORE well written secondary characters and do have a tendency to fall in love with them as much as the MC’s, but here it was more. The friendship, the connections, that Reid, Millie, Alex, Ed and Chris had were so well written that I couldn’t wait to see what they’d get into next. So, Yes. I loved this story because of the very well written ensemble cast  instead of best friends to lovers romance going on.

But as far as Reid and Millie’s journey to their HEA. It was an overall fun one to experience and something that felt real with all the highs and the extreme lows they experience because of it. The chemistry between them was obvious on every level and I really liked where they found themselves in the end.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~


Millie Morris has always been one of the guys. A UC Santa Barbara professor, she’s a female-serial-killer expert who’s quick with a deflection joke and terrible at getting personal. And she, just like her four best guy friends and fellow professors, is perma-single.

So when a routine university function turns into a black tie gala, Mille and her circle make a pact that they’ll join an online dating service to find plus-ones for the event. There’s only one hitch: after making the pact, Millie and one of the guys, Reid Campbell, secretly spend the sexiest half-night of their lives together, but mutually decide the friendship would be better off strictly platonic.

But online dating isn’t for the faint of heart. While the guys are inundated with quality matches and potential dates, Millie’s first profile attempt garners nothing but dick pics and creepers. Enter “Catherine”—Millie’s fictional profile persona, in whose make-believe shoes she can be more vulnerable than she’s ever been in person. Soon “Catherine” and Reid strike up a digital pen-pal-ship...but Millie can’t resist temptation in real life, either. Soon, Millie will have to face her worst fear—intimacy—or risk losing her best friend, forever.

Perfect for fans of Roxanne and She’s the Man, Christina Lauren’s latest romantic comedy is full of mistaken identities, hijinks, and a classic love story with a modern twist. Funny and fresh, you’ll want to swipe right on My Favorite Half-Night Stand.


Release Date: December 4th, 2018


Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The #1 international bestselling coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced fourteen New York Times bestselling novels. They are published in over 30 languages, have received starred reviews from Kirkus Reviews, Library Journal and Publishers Weekly, won both the Seal of Excellence and Book of the Year from RT Magazine, name Amazon and Audible Romance of the Year, and been nominated for serveral Goodreads Choice Awards. They have been featured in publications such as Forbes, The Washington Post, Time, Entertainment Weekly, People, O Magazine and more. Their third YA novel, Autoboyography was released in September, and will be followed by a contemporary romance, Roomies in December, and their first Women’s Fiction, Love and Other Words in April.

Comments