Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Nightchaser (Endeavor #1) by Amanda Bouchet ~**~



***3.5 Stars***

I find myself in a bit of a conundrum with this one.

Overall, I really enjoyed the book. I thought the world building was very well done. There are various cultures and statuses amongst those who inhabit this world and each place has it’s own flavor that gave the world as a whole a depth that made it feel real. And this extended to the various characters that we met along the way. Some were more fleshed out than others, which is to be expected, but those who were close with Tess were unique and I really loved spending time with them ~ especially Jax, he’s my fav outside of Bonk.

But then comes there is that situation that brought about the conundrum. Tess and Shade. See, I actually like Tess and Shade. They have vibrant and complex personalities and have both been through more than most can imagine. My issue is that I’m just not feeling them as a couple *winces and ducks incase anything is thrown at my head* I don’t know what it is because I have no issue with the insta-lust thing they had going on, and can buy that they are into each other, I’m just not feeling them and really can’t explain it more than that. But seeing as this is a trilogy, I’m hoping that feeling will fade and I’ll become as intrigued by them as a couple as I am when it comes to them individually.

With that said, I will reiterate that I did enjoy everything else in the book and though I am not a hardcore SciFi fan, I really liked the Star Wars/Robin Hood vibe going on throughout the story. And while that ending is kind of a cliffy, but kinda not a cliffy, I am quite interested in seeing where things take these characters in the next two books and where they all end when everything is said and done.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~


Captain Tess Bailey and her crew of Robin Hood-like thieves are desperate and on the run. Pursued by a vicious military general who wants them dead or alive, Tess has to decide if she can trust Shade Ganavan, a tall, dark and arrogant stranger with ambiguous motivations.

Shade Ganavan had oodles of arrogance, oodles of charm, and oodles of something that made me want to kick him in the nuts.

What Tess and Shade don’t know about each other might get them killed…unless they can set aside their differences and learn to trust each other—while ignoring their off-the-charts chemistry.

Release Date: January 1st, 2019


Amanda Bouchet grew up in New England where she spent much of her time tromping around in the woods and making up grand adventures in her head. It was inevitable that one day she would start writing them down. Drawing on her Greek heritage for the setting and on her love of all things daring and romantic for the rest, her debut trilogy, The Kingmaker Chronicles, took form. She writes what she loves to read: epic exploits, steamy romance, and characters that make you laugh and cry.

A French master’s graduate and former English teacher, Amanda lives in Paris, France. She met her husband while studying abroad, and the family now includes two bilingual children who will soon be correcting her French.

Comments