Title: From Smoke to Flames
Series: The West Brothers Series #3
Series: The West Brothers Series #3
Author: A.M. Hargrove
Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance
Release Date: January 23, 2019
Blurb
They say there’s a fine line between love and hate.
Ours was a mile wide.
To put it bluntly, my life sucked.
When I finally got up the courage to divorce
my jerk of a husband, never in a million years did I imagine his prick of an
attorney would gain him full custody of my daughter.
My scant two weekend visits per month killed
me.
And my ex made it as difficult as possible on
me every single time.
So imagine my shock when said attorney’s name
appeared at the top of the list at the in-patient substance abuse clinic where
I worked as a counselor.
My list.
The first thing that occurred was I completely
lost my Zen.
Then my blood boiled.
Then his chart flew across the room and
slammed into the wall.
How could this possibly be happening?
Karma couldn’t be this cruel.
How in the world could I be an empathetic
abuse counselor to the cocky Pearson West who destroyed my life?
I would rather become an addict myself, or
better yet, strangle him first.
Purchase Links
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
B&N / KOBO / APPLE BOOKS
***5 Stars***
I knew that Pearson’s book was going to be intense even before reading the blurb. After reading the blurb I was even more sure about the intensity thing, because seriously that blurb had me going “Whoa”. And I was right, this baby is all KINDS of intense...just not in the way I figured it would be. I’m not disappointed in any way by how things went in this book, but I am thankful for those sweet, smexy and oh so funny moments (OMG Clicky shoes) that balanced everything out and made for a great read.
Pearson, Pearson, Pearson. This man. I couldn’t help but adore him. My heart hurt for him and I empathized with what he was going through, but watching as he was determined to get a handle of his addiction, the issues that triggered it and want to make amends, it was hard not to fall for the man. He is charming, compassionate and I loved his honesty, not only with himself, but with those he loves. I adored Rose from the moment I met her. She is kind, compassionate and fierce. She’s had a rough go of it in more ways than one, but she finds a way to work through it all and come out the better person. Her love for her daughter is undeniable and her desire to help others makes her someone I’d love to be friends with.
After reading the blurb I honestly thought the angstyness was going to fly between Pearson and Rose, I really did and no one can blame me for that one. But while there was some tension and a moment or two, they actually handled things quite well and ended up having a slow burn romance I really enjoyed. Their bantering was a fun, the smexy was HAWT and I really loved how they helped to make each other stronger. As for the bumps in their road, they ran the gamut, but the big twist was an intense one, but I loved how it helped to make them even stronger.
I really enjoyed this one, but man was it intense. The issues that both Pearson and Rose have to deal with, separately and together were heavy ones, but I liked how they were all handled and how they worked out.
I loved catching up with the West clan, they were as warm and funny as I remember them. Kinsley was a standout, but Montana, Rose’s daughter, definitely brought the cuteness and heart to the story. I’m sad that this is the last of series, but from what happened in that epilogue it isn’t a total a hui hou...so bring on the next book!
~ Copy provided by Give Me Books & voluntarily reviewed ~
Also AvailableAMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited
One day on her way home from work as
a sales manager, USA Today bestselling author, A.M. Hargrove, realized her life
was on fast-forward. If she didn't do something soon, it would be too late to
write that novel she had dreamt of her whole life. She slammed on the brakes,
made a crazy decision, and quit her job. Then she reinvented herself as a
Naughty and Nice Romance Author.
She fancies herself all of the
following: Reader, Writer, Dark Chocolate Lover, Ice Cream Worshipper, Coffee
Drinker, Grey Goose Aficionado, and #WalterThePuppy Lover. If you’re around her
for more than five minutes, you’ll soon notice she has a tendency to talk your
ear off.
You can find out
more about her books at www.amhargrove.com. To keep up to date with her, you
can subscribe to her newsletter here: http://amhargrove.com/mailing-list/
Author Links









Comments
Post a Comment