***4 Stars***
Ohhh, this one did my head in.
It really did.
The story hooked me from the first page. I NEEDED to know what was going and kept turning the pages to see how everything unfolded. But, man, Dixie and Brandon gave me a run for my money (or sanity). Their turbulent (total understatement) relationship had me wanting to toss the #Kindle into the freezer, even as I couldn’t wait to see them get their HEA. It was dark, dirty and heart breaking, but it was addictive.
Brandon and Dixie tried me. HARD. I cannot remember a couple of characters who drove me this nuts...together. True, there have been characters that drove me batshit crazy recently, but it’s been awhile since it’s been the main couple together. Their saving grace, though, was the fact that when they weren’t doing my head in, I found them quite fascinating. Neither had easy lives, some of their struggles were seen, others not so much, but they ended up surviving ~ maybe not in the way most would expect, but they did. As for their extreme friends to enemies to lovers journey, it was intense as they battled it out in more ways than one and I had a 50/50 split going on whether or not they would end up killing each other in the end. But, this does have an HEA and where they both end up is exactly where they were always meant to be.
This book was a roller coaster of a ride for me, but it was one I didn’t want to get off of. The characters were as complex as the twists and turns throughout the story and I enjoyed watching as everything unravelled and came back together again. This one can be read as a standalone, but I think that you’ll want to read Chased if you haven’t already, since Chase does make an appearance. As for the characters we meet in this one, there were very few that I liked, but Matteo definitely peaked my interest and I’m hoping we’ll see more of him at some point in the future.
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
She was supposed to be my forever.
Instead, I became her worst enemy.
I fell for the one girl I could never have …
And it destroyed us both.
I did a bad, bad thing.
But she isn’t exactly innocent either.
When I’m faced with the ultimate choice – Let her die or save her – I grab her and run.
She calls me a monster … the devil himself.
No one will take her from me.
She’s mine to punish.
Mine to keep… forever.
Release Date: February 4th, 2019
Goodreads | Amazon Live Release (Link to be added on release day)
Clarissa Wild is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of Dark Romance and Contemporary Romance novels. She is an avid reader and writer of swoony stories about dangerous men and feisty women. Her other loves include her hilarious husband, her cutie pie son, her two crazy but cute dogs, and her ninja cat that sometimes thinks he's a dog too. In her free time, she enjoys watching all sorts of movies, playing video games, reading tons of books, and cooking her favorite meals.






Comments
Post a Comment