***5 Stars***
The blurb was the hook.
I read it and I knew I had to find out more because I do love me some taboo/forbidden lovin’ and this baby delivered in spades. It was sensual, sexy and heartbreaking and that ending has me wishing the next book was waiting on the Kindle already because I NEED to know what will happen next!
I adored Liam and Samantha. Liam is hard, sometimes cold and has so many layers of Kevlar surrounding his heart you’d think he wasn’t human...and yet he is so starkly human it hurts because he cares deeply but only sees it as a weakness. Samantha has been sheltered and has her moments of naĂŻvetĂ© but she’s also solid in a way that makes her more mature than most realize and has heart that is more empathetic than most can understand.
Their journey, thus far, is quite rough, though don’t see that changing in the near future for them considering the circumstances of their relationship and where things left off at the end of the book. But I really liked them together. They have a flow that goes beyond the whole guardianship thing and a connection that goes beyond words.
This is my very first read by the author and I’m so happy I finally had the opportunity to dive into her words because I’m hooked. The writing was engaging, the pacing good and I enjoyed the dual first person POV’s and I really like how she had the forbidden aspect of their relationship play out and evolve. As for the supporting cast of characters, I really liked all of them and will hopefully get to know not only Josh and Elijah better, but Laney and Cody as well!
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Forbidden fruit never tasted this sweet…
The world knows Samantha Brooks as the violin prodigy. She guards her secret truth—the desire she harbors for her guardian.
Liam North got custody of her six years ago. She’s all grown up now, but he still treats her like a child. No matter how much he wants her.
No matter how bad he aches for one taste.
Her sweet overtures break down the ex-soldier’s defenses, but there’s more at stake than her body. Every touch, every kiss, every night. The closer she gets, the more exposed his darkest secret.
She’s one step away from finding out what happened the night she lost her family. One step away from leaving him forever.
OVERTURE is the first novel in a brand new series from New York Times bestselling author Skye Warren.
Release Date: February 19th, 2019
Goodreads | Amazon (Live release) | B&N | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play
Skye Warren is the New York Times bestselling author of dangerous romance such as the Endgame trilogy. Her books have been featured in Jezebel, Buzzfeed, USA Today Happily Ever After, Glamour, and Elle Magazine. She makes her home in Texas with her loving family, sweet dogs, and evil cat.






Comments
Post a Comment