Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Passion and Ink (Sweetest Taboo #2) by Naima Simone ~**~


***5 ‘You’re You’ Stars***

After finishing Sin & Ink I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the next book, so when Passion & Ink surfaced I immediately said “Gimme” and I wasn’t disappointed in any way. This book had it all for me. Sweet, swoon worthy moments that made my heart melt, smexy ones that had the panties dissolving and even a few growly ones that had me reaching for a spoon, but all of them kept me turning the pages to see what would happen next and has me jonesing for more.

Imma say it. Jude was kind of everything. He’s all kinds of alpha AF goodness - direct, determined and dominate. He’s also compassionate and has the kind of laid back charm that draws you in and makes you want more. Cypress is fiery. She has a lot of demons weighing on her, but she doesn’t allow them to totally drag her down. She’s sassy and has a heart so golden that even she doesn’t always see it.

Jude and Cypress’ journey definitely starts off with a bang and things definitely become a lot more interesting from there, but I really enjoyed watching as they became so much more to each other. While I tended to sway more towards #TeamJude, I got why Cypress thought the way she did and loved watching as she worked through her demons and became the woman she was always meant to be and see that she and Jude were perfect for each other.

This was a quick and enjoyable read for me. The writing was engaging, pacing was good and I enjoyed the dual first person POV’s. The one can be read as a stand-alone BUT I highly recommend that you read Sin & Ink first to truly understand the emotional undercurrents that are already in play at the start of this one. With that said, there are still characters I want to Gibbs smack and or gut with a spoon despite some issues being worked out. But outside of those characters, I loved catching up with Eden and Knox, cannot wait for Simon’s book and am hoping V gets one as well. There is another character who I wouldn’t mind having a book, but from what I saw, that won’t be happening lol!

~ Copy provided by the publisher & voluntarily reviewed ~

Blackballed from my job.

Moved back to my hometown with my tail between my legs and family issues crushing my back.

Slinging drinks in a dive bar.

Yes, the past year has been hell. So when a man who’s temptation wrapped in golden skin and sin offers me one night of no-holds barred, dirty sex, I’m all in. I deserve it.

But now those few unforgettable hours have me facing blackmail from my own father: He'll pay for my mom's medical bills, but only if I never again touch the man who has quickly become my obsession.

Because the man? My obsession?

He’s my stepbrother.

Release Date: February 18th, 2019
Goodreads | Amazon US * CA * UK * AU | B&N | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play

USA Today Bestselling author Naima Simone’s love of romance was first stirred by Johanna Lindsey, Sandra Brown and Linda Howard many years ago. Well not that many. She is only eighteen…ish. Though her first attempt at a romance novel starring Ralph Tresvant from New Edition never saw the light of day, her love of romance, reading and writing has endured. Published since 2009, she spends her days—and nights— writing sizzling romances with a touch of humor and snark.

She is wife to Superman, or his non-Kryptonian, less bullet proof equivalent, and mother to the most awesome kids ever. They all live in perfect, sometimes domestically-challenged bliss in the southern United States.

Comments