Today we have the blog tour for Cora Reilly’s Only Work, No Play! Check it out and be sure to grab your copy today!!
Title: Only Work, No Play
Author: Cora Reilly
Genre: Sports Romance
About Only Work, No Play:
After two years of taking care of her heartbroken father, Evie needs a new start. Leaving the States and following her sister to Australia to work as the personal assistant of rugby star Xavier – The Beast – Stevens seems like the right kind of distraction. Tall, muscled and devilishly handsome, Xavier is the lov’ em and leav’ em kind of guy. He never forgets a girl’s name because he never bothers to remember it in the first place. Evie soon realizes that being Xavier’s assistant is a 24/7 job; the man seems unwilling to even set an alarm for himself. As she watches him move from one woman to the next, Evie is glad that her heart is safe from his attention. After all, she’s a far cry from the size zero models he usually takes to his bed. But soon being around Xavier doesn’t feel like a job, and seeing him walk around his apartment half naked all the time isn’t helping either. Evie knows that giving in to her attraction will lead to heartbreak, but when Xavier starts treating her as more than just his assistant, resisting his charms seems like an impossible task.Get Your Copy Today:
Amazon US | Amazon UK
***4 Stars***
As soon as I saw the word ‘Rugby’ my interest was peaked (because rugby is kind of everything) and even before I finished reading the blurb I was making grabby hands at this baby and I ended up really, really enjoying this read. It was sweet, frustrating, swoon worthy and smexy and I ended up falling in love with the characters and wishing there were more words to read.
Xavier and Evie were definitely a pair. Evie, I totally connected with. I got her on so many levels it was kind of scary, but wonderful in the same breath because I could relate to all the crazy going on in her head. But what I ended up adoring about her was that despite how her insecurities affected her she was all kinds of sassy, sweet and down to earth. Xavier, it was easy to want to strangle him at times, OMG soooo easy because he definitely revelled in the manwhore lifestyle. But when he let the facade crack a little, the heart of the man beneath it was pretty golden and it was hard to not end up loving him.
Evie and Xavier’s journey to their HEA was all kinds of slow burn, frustrating and swoon worthy goodness. I loved how through their whole employer/employee situation they got to know each other and became friends without even realizing it. The attraction was there from the start and the chemistry only grew the more they were together until it exploded. Of course things aren’t smooth sailing and there were moments where a good Gibbs smack was definitely needed, but I really liked how everything worked out between them.
This is my first read by the author and I loved it. The writing was engaging, the pace was good and I enjoyed the dual first person POV’s. The story is very character driven and while there will be things that some will not like, I really did end up enjoying how both Xavier and Evie evolved. Nothing happened quickly and there were some things that still simmered a bit beneath the surface, but it all worked for me in the end. But what I loved the most were the characters. They were all well written and real. None of them were perfect, they all had their quirks, I ended up liking them all. So, if you love rugby and slow burn romances with great characters, then this is a definite must read for you!
~ Copy provided by InkSlinger PR & voluntarily reviewed ~

Comments
Post a Comment