Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Nothing but Trouble (Malibu University #1) by P Dangelico ~**~


***4.5 Stars***

Talk about slow burn goodness!

This one pulled out all the stops and then some.

I laughed, I growled, I swooned and I really want to spend more time with this cast of diverse and unique characters and find out what makes them all tick!

I loved and adored Reagan and Alice. Reagan is all kinds of sweet, golden hearted goodness. It may not appear that way, I mean the man is something of a golden god *smirks*, but he has a good and honorable soul that comes through in his actions time and time again. Alice is a fighter. She has a goal, a dream that she’s always wanted, and works hard every day to achieve that goal. She definitely has a stubborn streak, but she isn’t about to cut off her nose to spite herself. She’s sassy, sweet and is very true to herself and her heart.

To say I enjoyed their slow burn romance is an understatement, I loved it! From their first collision (which is quite literal) to watching as they slowly became friends and struggled to keep their attraction to each other solely in the friend zone, it was all kinds of goodness. Their bantering was a lot of fun and the chemistry between them was hot. Now, not everything goes smoothly, but even I didn’t see that one coming. It was heartbreaking, though understandable, and while I would have liked a tinsy more grovelling (Ya’ll know how much I love grovelling) I can’t deny that I loved how everything worked out for them in the end.

This wasn’t only a great read, but also a great first in series. I loved how we got introduced to all the characters and the little teases of what MAY be coming in future books. Zoe, Blake, Dora, Brock, Dallas, Cole and Quinn were a lot of fun, though Dora is my fav ATM, and I am totally looking forward to getting to know them all better!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

Reagan Reynolds...

Water polo god.

Owner of a face that belongs under Wikipedia’s definition of drop dead gorgeous.

Too charming for his own good.

But most importantly––the worst driver on the planet.

No, really, I’m pretty sure his blind nana taught him how to drive.

I had no idea who he was until he almost ran me over. And frankly, I kind of wish I still didn’t because then I wouldn’t have a sprained ankle to show for it. And my leg wouldn’t resemble a boa constrictor that’s swallowed a feral pig.

Yeah, it’s that bad.

I’ve spent years saving every penny I’ve ever earned to be able to transfer to Malibu University. And now my entire future––including my scholarship––is in jeopardy.

So I either accept the help he insists on giving me, or lose everything I’ve sacrificed for.

In the meantime, I’m going to ignore the fact that we’re becoming friends.

And I’m definitely going to pretend he’s not turning into the object of my…umm, dirty fantasies.

That’s not happening.

Not even a little.

Because the minute I clapped eyes on him I knew he was nothing but trouble.

Release Date: March 26th, 2019

P. Dangelico loves romance in all forms, furry creatures, the NY Jets (although she’s reconsidering after this season), and to while away the day at the barn (apparently she does her best thinking shoveling horse poop). What she’s not enamored with is referring to herself in the third person and social media. Although she was born in Milan Italy, she’s been Jersey Strong since she turned six.

Comments