***5 ‘#TeamMackenzie’ Stars***
This one was a total emotional roller coaster of a ride, an amazing one, but still, the whiplash you get from this one is real. These characters, ALL of the characters, pulled everything out of me. One second I wanna gut someone with a spoon, the next I’m laughing out loud (no, seriously Out. Loud) and the next I wanna hug someone...and let’s not forget the panty melting. This one pushed all the right buttons and had me devouring every word and wanting more.
Slade. This man. I loved and adored him, I did, but I also wanted to gag him and duct tape him to a chair ~ and not for fun, smexy times ~ because he is...intense...a little volatile...I mean when this man goes big, he goes BIG. But for all the times I wanted to Gibbs smack him, there were just as many where I swooned and wanted to hug him. Mackenzie. This woman is pretty damn amazing, this isn’t to say I didn’t have my moments with her, but the strength she has to still see the good in things and hope for more was something I admired. Sassy, real and with a golden heart, she was kind of everything. (Also, she loves wine and anyone who LOVES wines is pretty awesome in my book #winoshavetosticktogether)
From the moment Slade and Mackenzie collide sparks fly. Lots and lots of sparks of all kinds: sparkly ones, nuclear ones and everything in between. No doubt starting off anything with a lie, even a white one, isn’t a good thing, but man things definitely go sideways for awhile. But even with everything in a weirdly controlled chaos, these two simply worked for me. They had that thing going on where I knew if they’d just let go (well, if ONE of them would let go...can you guess who??) then they’d be amazing together and though it was a struggle and numerous roadblocks were in their way, I loved where they were at in the end.
I’ve only read a small percentage of the books RVD has published and I’ve enjoyed them all, but this one is my favorite so far. She definitely took me on a ride as Slade and Mack worked through their issues and I loved seeing them evolve, even if it was painful at times. And then there is the supporting cast of characters. You all know how much I love well written characters and there are a couple of great ones in this baby. Matt, Jagger and Alfie were so much fun, even when I wanted to Gibbs smack one of them (many times). They definitely made this one a fun read and I cannot wait to get my hands on their books!
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
What else can a virgin do when she’s ditched at the altar? Seattle heiress Mackenzie Dupont is treating herself to a single-girl honeymoon in Mexico and a desire to relinquish her innocence to a gorgeous one-night stand. Fake names. True pleasure. But when she wakes up alone, Mackenzie realizes just how much anger is left in her broken heart.
Suffering a tragic personal loss, pro soccer player Slade Rodriguez has his reasons for vanishing without a goodbye. Right or wrong, he’s blaming the beautiful and infuriating stranger he never wants to see again. They’re both in for a shock when Mackenzie shows up as his new personal assistant. And they both have a lot to learn about each other. Because they share more than they could possibly know, including a common enemy who’s playing his own games. And he’s not afraid to get dirty.
Now there’s only one way Mackenzie and Slade can win: to trust in each other and to stop hiding from the lies they’ve told, the secrets they’ve kept, the mistakes they’ve made, and the attraction that still burns between them.
Release Date: March 19th, 2019
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances. When she's not writing you can find her drinking coffee at Starbucks and plotting her next book while watching The Bachelor.
She keeps her home in Idaho with her Husband, adorable son, and two snoring boxers! She loves to hear from readers!






Comments
Post a Comment