Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Dragon Fire (Vale of Stars #3) by Juliette Cross ~**~


***5 ‘You’ve Stolen My Mind’ Stars***

So. Much. Goodness.

Not that I’m surprised. I mean ever since reading the first book in this world I was hooked...the history, the images of just what a world populated not only by humans, but dragon hybrids would look like and the characters themselves...I swear I fall deeper and deeper in love with them (the good, not crazy psycho ones ~ though I will state that I do reserve the right to fall for a crazy psycho one if he turns out to be the good kind in the end ~ just sayin’) with each book and this one served up a whole bunch of the goodness! Alpha AF males with a whole lot of heart, fiery females who can handle their business when necessary, a whole bunch of smexy and some gut churning crazy that had me wincing a time or two, but mixed all together kept me turning the pages until the very end!

Kieren and Liana were so much fun and I simply adored them. Kieren is the much, much less grumpy and growly twin of Kol (whom I also adore) but has just as much honor and a need to do the right thing, even if it hurts. He was all kinds of Alpha AF charming and protective and when the dragon came out to play...well, things definitely got interesting. Liana or “Sister Liana” was definitely an enigma at the start for various reasons. But as the her own story unfolds what I saw, and loved, was a woman who cared deeply and would do all she could the protect those that needed it.

As for their journey to their HEA, I loved the slow burn goodness of it because there were a variety of reasons, most of them quite valid, behind both of them hesitating to take the steps to becoming more than just friends. But it did give them the time to get to know each other and make the growing connection between them even stronger and hotter, so when that very necessary step was taken (thanks to a little bit of meddling) it was all kinds of explosive. There isn’t a lot of angsty-ness going on between them, push/pull yes, but angst? No, but that is mostly due to the life and death gauntlet they find themselves in and there were definitely moments were the anxiety was kicked up a few notches, but I loved how everything worked out for them in the end.

As always (broken #fangirl record time) the writing was engaging and the pacing was very good, as were the multiple first person POV’s. And as for the the whole psychocrazy Larkos/Larkosians story arc, things just got a lot crazier and the stakes just got higher for all involved and I’m totally looking forward to seeing where it all takes us. And then there are the supporting cast of characters. I loved catching up with the Nightwing and Moonring crew and all those that are loyal to them, a few were missing but hopefully we’ll catch a glimpse or two of them in future books.  Bastian and Bowen are still the two I’m most fascinated by of the non-mate crew and Madera and Rafe have now been added to that list, but no matter who the next one to fall is, I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

A taste of heaven may drag him to hell...

Wounded, with a target still on his back, Kieren Moonring has been hiding in the last place his Morgon enemies might find him. In the human convent on the southern shores of Primus, his body heals quickly, but his soul is broken.

While Sister Liana tends to the recovering Morgon man hiding in their convent, she can't stop or disguise her growing attraction. What disturbs her more is that he begins to uncover her past that is best kept buried.

Kieren fears his old enemies will find him, and then Liana. When his greatest fear comes true and she becomes their next mark...bloody hell, if he won’t murder the whole world to keep her safe.

Release Date: April 30th, 2019



Dragon Heartstring (Vale of Stars #0.5)
Release Date: October 15th, 2018


Waking the Dragon (Vale of Stars #1)
Release Date: October 22nd, 2018


Dragon in the Blood (Vale of Stars #2)
Release Date: October 29th, 2018


Soulfire (Nightwing #1)
Release Date: September 10th, 2018


Windburn (Nightwing #2)
Release Date: September 24th, 2018


Nightbloom (Nightwing #3)
Release Date: October 1st, 2018


Juliette lives in lush, moss-laden Louisiana where she lives with her husband, four kids, and black lab, Kona.

Multi-published author of paranormal and urban fantasy romance, she loves reading and writing brooding characters, mysterious settings, persevering heroines, and dark, sexy heroes.

From the moment she read JANE EYRE as a teenager, she fell in love with the Gothic romance. Even then, she not only longed to read more novels set in Gothic worlds, she wanted to create her own.

Comments