Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez ~**~



***4.5 ‘Stuntman Mike’ Stars***
Ok...

Here’s the thing...

I Loved this book.

I did

I swear

I devoured it and all it’s ‘We are only friends because I know what’s best for you’ frustrating goodness

But...there is that ONE thing that had me going

W.T.E.L.F (yeah figure that one out)?!?

Why?!?!

Why did the author have to put me through that???

Not cool...I mean I get it...but still

takes a deep breath and let’s it out

But on to the review...

I couldn’t put this one down. It was funny, sweet, swoon worthy and all kinds of frustrating, but it was addicting and I couldn’t stop turning the pages to see what would happen next.

I loved Josh and Kristen. Josh is sweet, sneaky, smexy as all get and simply a good man.  Kristen has moxie. She doesn’t mince her words, in fact saying she has no edit button is pretty apt.  But she has a unique wit and a huge heart that helped to make some of her rougher edges smooth out.

To say their journey to their HEA was frustrating is an understatement, I still enjoyed it, but man the conversations they had with themselves in their heads and the belief that one could know what was best for another without talking to them tried me. But even as frustrating as their situation was, I still loved them together. They got each other and, with an exception or two ~ mostly because they had no knowledge of it ~ they just got each other. The flow was there. The chemistry was there and I loved how much they enjoyed simply being together. There are a lot of landmines in this one, and one was huge, but I really liked where the ended up.

This was a fun read, with one exception, but overall a fun one. The writing was engaging and I ended up loving the characters ~ especially Stuntman Mike. As for that one exception ~ it’s been almost a week since I read the book (My vacation was ending and I came back to #workhell and my brain just couldn’t do anything but get my #worklife straightened out) and I’m still in limbo about it. I get it, it’s all about realism/life happens kinda thing, but part of me thinks it was a bit much ~ but that is simply my opinion and I’d still recommend this one when everything was said and done.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~


Kristen Petersen doesn't do drama, will fight to the death for her friends, and has no room in her life for guys who just don't get her. She's also keeping a big secret: facing a medically necessary procedure that will make it impossible for her to have children.

Planning her best friend's wedding is bittersweet for Kristen--especially when she meets the best man, Josh Copeland. He's funny, sexy, never offended by her mile-wide streak of sarcasm, and always one chicken enchilada ahead of her hangry. Even her dog, Stuntman Mike, adores him. The only catch: Josh wants a big family someday. Kristen knows he'd be better off with someone else, but as their attraction grows, it's harder and harder to keep him at arm's length.

The Friend Zone will have you laughing one moment and grabbing for tissues the next as it tackles the realities of infertility and loss with wit, heart, and a lot of sass.

Release Date: July 11th, 2019

Abby Jimenez is a Food Network champion, motivational speaker, and contemporary romance novelist living in Minnesota. Abby founded Nadia Cakes out of her home kitchen back in 2007. The bakery has since gone on to win numerous Food Network competitions and has amassed an international cult following. Abby's wry literary wit was spotlighted as the admin behind the hilarious viral comments on the now famous Nadia Cakes Vageode™ cake.

Comments