Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Make Me Yours (Make Me #3) by Katee Robert ~**~

***3 Stars***

Le sigh…

I wanted to love this one, especially because I do love the author’s words, but alas...this one just didn’t get to the love level for me. I liked it. It was a quick, smexy read, but Becka really did me in ~ this isn’t to say Aaron didn’t have his moments, but really Becka did my head in.

Becka. I totally understand that her childhood was way less than stellar, I do, and I want to gut her parents with a spoon for it, but dear lord did she take the whole self fulfilling prophecy to the next level. The continuous projecting of her parents lackluster relationship on both Aaron and herself got real old really fast. Now, Aaron wasn’t a sweet and swoon worthy prince charming the entire time, he did pull the alpha AF high handed thing more than once BUT he did try and temper his need to dig for more than what Becka was willing to give and just go with the flow and I couldn’t help but like him for that.

So with my annoyance with Becka, it’s safe to say that I wasn’t as involved in their budding relationship, there was just so much push/pull and impetuous reactions that it made it hard to really want to see them work it out. But what I will say is that I loved how the whole ‘Surprise. I pregnant with your kid’ thing went. It totally worked for me and is probably why I favor Aaron over Becka in general.

Ugh...I love this author’s words, but this one...this just didn’t hit the spot for me, and Becka is probably going to go down as one of my least favorite heroines of the authors ~ which is sad, but it happens. Even though this was a miss for me, I am intrigued by Cameron so I’m definitely going to give his book a go!

Description
I didn’t get to be CEO of a New York tech company by chasing whims…or women. But when wildly beautiful, fiercely independent fitness instructor Becka Baudin caught my eye across a crowded wedding reception, my body reacted with a will of its own.

She wanted a sexy distraction—one night of lust in a glamorous hotel. And I was happy to oblige. Then, after the most amazing night of my life, she walked away—leaving me wanting so much more. I haven’t been myself since that night. My work is suffering. My social life is nowhere. All I think about, all I dream about, is her.

Three months later, she told me. A baby. My baby… I insisted she move into my Manhattan penthouse. Now I see her every day. I crave her every second. I long for her touch, her kiss, her body moving under mine. I know if I try to cage her she’ll fly away. How can I convince a wild thing to stay in my life, in my heart, forever?

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

Release Date: May 1st, 2019

New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Katee Robert learned to tell her stories at her grandpa’s knee. Her 2015 title, The Marriage Contract, was a RITA finalist, and RT Book Reviews named it 'a compulsively readable book with just the right amount of suspense and tension."  When not writing sexy contemporary and romantic suspense, she spends her time playing imaginary games with her children, driving her husband batty with what-if questions, and planning for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

Comments