***4 Stars***
Dark, deviant, disturbing and yet absolutely fascinating!
Now, these words pretty much describe all of this authors work, but there are some that just go a tinsy bit further and it’s only the beginning.
Julian and Morganna fascinated me. Julian is dark, twisted and yet loves in his own deviant way and it’s hard not to be intrigued by him and how he views the world he lives in. Morganna I really liked. She has her own sickness, if that’s how you want to look at things, but is a good person that is forced into a world that fascinates and repulses her at the same time and it was easy to empathize with her and all she had to go through as she navigated her new reality. Their journey is a disturbing one, but one that showed that they had a sort of flow together that made them stronger and weaker at the same time. And as for that ending, that I didn’t see coming but am definitely looking forward to seeing what happens next for them.
Macabre is a re-issue/update of Mercy, which I did not read though I have dove into this world before thanks to Depravity, so I cannot comment on any changes and if they mad the story better or worse, but I can say that I enjoyed the crazy depravity of the world and can’t wait to visit it again!
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Everyone knows the stories about naïve girls being taken by beautiful monsters.
Often the monster is a tortured soul with a fucked up past, but even then, that monster is redeemable.
This is not one of those stories.
My monster revels in the carnage he creates.
Our story is not one where good prevails and the villain becomes a hero.
My reality is dark.
His demons are darker.
And though I love my monster, this is no fairytale.
There is no happily ever after.
Release Date: May 28th, 2019
Natalie Bennett is your average socially awkward author that turns her spontaneous head ramblings into stories.
She has a penchant for writing about villainous immoral men, crazed anti-heroines, and tends to deviate away from traditional HEA's.
She likes chocolate, Netflix, and Prickly Pear Margaritas.
When she isn't writing she's hanging out with her husband and their three boys.






Comments
Post a Comment