***4 Stars***
This book was a fun, sweet and eye roll inducing, but only in the best of ways, ride with characters I loved getting to know better and wanting to spend a lot more time with.
I loved Theo and Bonnie. Theo is simply a good man with quite a bit responsibility resting on his broad shoulders, which leads him to be a bit more wary of letting people get close to him and also causes a bit of conflict when it comes to his wants and needs.. He’s charming, sweet and smexy and is as loyal as they come. Bonnie is sweet, sassy and a little naive, but that just makes her all the more lovable. She’s had her life planned out for a long time and finds herself in limbo when the blanket is pulled out from under her, but I loved watching as she picked herself up and worked at forging a new plan for her future ~ with a little help from her friends of course.
Theo and Bonnie’s journey to their HEA was a lot of fun, eye roll inducing at times, but fun all the same. From this first time they met (Getting Hot with the Scot) it was obvious there was a spark, but due to their situations they kept things friendly. But with one of the issues out of the way, I loved watching as they got to know each other ~ even if they did stumble along at times ~ and simply got who the other was and enjoyed being together. The bump in their did have me doing the whole shaking of the head/eye rolling/wanting to bang my head against the wall, because they both had a hand in it, but I loved how it all worked out in the end.
I really enjoyed this book, I liked the first in the series, but this one hooked me from the start. I loved getting to know Theo and Bonnie and watch as they evolved throughout story. I loved catching up with Cassie and Logan, Ana, Sadie and Delaney ~ their antics as a group was so much fun to experience ~, as well as Logan’s family. But it was Tabitha who I liked the most and hope that we get to see more of her as the series progresses!
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
DEFINITELY, MAYBE...OR LOVE, ACTUALLY?
English professor Bonnie Blythe expects her life to play out like her favorite novels, especially now that her long-term boyfriend has finally proposed. So when a shocking discovery leads Bonnie to end her engagement, she decides to close the book on love. But the plot thickens when a brand-new character enters the scene—and quickens Bonnie's heart.
With his brilliant blue eyes, sexy accent, and irresistible charm, Theo Wharton is like a romantic hero straight out of a Jane Austen novel. When fate places Bonnie in England for a summer—conveniently close to Theo—she realizes a hot friends-with-benefits fling is exactly what she needs to start a fresh chapter. Just as Bonnie begins to believe she's falling in love, an eye-opening revelation into Theo's life makes Bonnie feel like she's wandered into one of her favorite books. Will Bonnie have the courage to risk her heart and turn the page with the dashing Brit to find her true happy ending after all?
Release Date: May 28th, 2019






Comments
Post a Comment