***4 ‘#TeamOllie’ Stars***
This book tried me.
I mean, in the end I loved it, but when you are only a couple chapters in and need to toss the Kindle into the freezer for a time out (the alternative was tossing against a wall) is strong, you know it’s gonna be a book that will end up trying your patience. BUT I had to remind myself that the author has rarely ever let me down, and the need to know more about Ollie was STRONG, so I kept at it. And though there were many more frustrating moments that did occur, the sweet, smexy and heart melting ones helped to balance it all out and made for a page turning read.
So, Van, Kyra and Ollie. It’s obvious that I am all about Ollie. He is something of an understated alpha male. He’s laid back, quick to smile. and doesn’t come off as the aggressive type, but lemme tell you, when he gets passionate about something the alpha comes out and when you mix that with his insecurities...simply put the man is lethal. Van is all kinds of protective (over protective) alpha AF male. It is his job, but it’s also just in his DNA, and at times that protective nature overrode all common sense. Kyra is sassy, sweet and while she is a woman who should not be messed with, she also uses it as away to hide her insecurities, which tends to mess with her head. I honestly like Kyra, but there were certain things she did, or didn’t do, that simply drove me batshitcrazy.
To say their journey to their HEA drove me batshitcrazy is somewhat reduntent considering how I felt about two of the three, though Ollie was not faultless ~ he definitely had his moments ~. But regardless of all the growling they elicited from me, when they were together, when they were just being and not allowing their own insecurities ~ or the conversations they were having with themselves in their heads ~ to rule them, I LOVED them together. They each brought something to the table that the others never realized they needed and helped to start putting the shattered pieces of their hearts back together again.
I gotta say, I was scared there for a minute that this would be that one book that wouldn’t work for me and I would have to admit defeat, but I pushed through and it definitely ended up being well worth the growling and eye rolling at some of the decisions made and reactions to those decisions these characters had. There is a bit of suspense in this and it did help to push things along, though I can honestly say I didn’t expect how it all came to a head. I loved catching up with the Hot Rides crew, as well as the Hot Rods and Powertools family, and after that little tease, I’m definitely looking forward to what the next book will bring!
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
There’s a thin line between love and hate.
Kyra Kado hates Van Hernandez. Or at least she wishes she could. Ever since she kissed him and he rejected her as a “mistake”, things have been tense onboard their tour bus. Kyra takes out her aggression during her drumming performances as a member of Kason Cox’s band and tries not to think about how well Van guards her body between their shows.
Until she meets Ollie Dawes, who’s the perfect distraction. Funny, flirty, and cute AF, he takes her mind off Van. The Hot Rides salvage man is used to being alone on his solo part-finding missions, but she suspects he’d rather not be lonely anymore. She can relate. So she invites him to come see a show.
When Van discovers Kyra and Ollie performing an illicit encore together, he goes berserk. Distancing herself from Van might keep Kyra’s heart safe, but what about her body? A string of unsettling incidents make Kyra afraid one of her admirers has crossed the line from fan to fanatic.
With Ollie and Van teamed up to protect Kyra, she isn’t sure she’ll survive being torn between the two men she craves. She might have to sacrifice her friendships with them to stay sane, unless she can think of a way to keep them both in her life or in her bed.
This is a standalone book in the Hot Rides series and includes an HEA with no cheating. The series is part of the greater universe where both the Powertools and Hot Rods books are also set, so you can visit with many of your previous favorite characters and see what they’re up to now!
Release Date: June 12th, 2019
Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play | Jayne's Shop
Wild Ride (Powertools: Hot Rides #1)
Release Date: March 19th
Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play | Jayne’s Shop
Slow Ride (Powertools: Hot Rides #2) by Jayne Rylon
Release Date: May 14th, 2019
Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play | Jayne’s Shop
Jayne Rylon is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She received the 2011 Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award for Best Indie Erotic Romance. Her stories used to begin as daydreams in seemingly endless business meetings, but now she is a full time author, who employs the skills she learned from her straight-laced corporate existence in the business of writing. She lives in Ohio with two cats and her husband, the infamous Mr. Rylon. When she can escape her purple office, she loves to travel the world, avoid speeding tickets in her beloved Sky, and–of course–read.






Comments
Post a Comment