
***5 Stars***
I really enjoyed Unbreakable (Loveless, Texas #0.5), and it most certainly had me wanting the next book in the series ASAP, but I LOVED Justified. I mean seriously LOVED it. I was hooked from the first page and between the intense chemistry between Case and Aspen and trying figure who was after Aspen, I couldn’t put it down and wasn’t all that happy to say good bye for now when there were no more words to read.
Ok, so I adored Case. I did. He’s a really good man, father and person. He has a big heart and honor is etched on his soul...BUT...even though I totally empathized with what happened to him in regards to his son, he has the asshattery thing down pat. The man could get vicious and, as horrible as this is to say, I LOVED it when that lightbulb moment hit him and how it affected him. Aspen was amazing. She has a huge heart and regardless of the situation she finds herself in, she finds a way to pick herself up and make it work. I loved her strength and how, even when her insecurities came out to mess with her head, she didn’t let them overtake her for long.
I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Aspen get under Case’s skin. He does get under hers, but watching Case struggle to maintain his distance from Aspen was a lot of fun. Their snipping and bantering had me chuckling and the chemistry between them was undeniable. The situation they found themselves in with someone going after Aspen kept the angstyness between them low ~ or at least as low as it could ~ but I loved watching them fall and where they were at when the book ended.
While I haven’t read all of the books the author has written, I have dived into a hand full and I have to say this one is my favorite by far. The writing was engaging, the pacing good and the dual first person POV was done well. The whole mystery/suspense aspect was well thought out and executed ~ I didn’t figure it out until it was revealed. And then there are the supporting cast of characters. It was fun catching up a bit with Crew and Della, but I adored Hayes, Kody and Hill and cannot wait to get my hands on the next book in the series, because if it’s who I think it’ll be about...then it promises to be quite intense!
~ Copy provided by the publisher & voluntarily reviewed ~
Case Lawton comes from a family of criminals. So as the sheriff of Loveless, Texas, he's determined to do everything by the book--until he's called to Aspen Barlow's office after a so-called break-in. The last thing he wants to do is help the woman who cost him custody of his son. But Aspen isn't the heartless lawyer Case remembers, and he starts to question his long-held grudge...
Aspen is scared for her life, and Case is her last hope for protection. But to get him on her side, she'll have to reveal the painful truth from all those years ago. Now, as they work together to track down a dangerous criminal, Case and Aspen learn to trust each other. And as the threats escalate, it becomes clear there's a thin line between love and hate... because there's nothing Case wouldn't do to keep her safe.
Release Date: June 25th, 2019
Unbroken (Loveless, Texas #0.5 )
Release Date: May 14th
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where she can frequently be found enjoying a cold beer and Taco Tuesdays. Jay is a self-declared music snob and outspoken book lover who is always looking for her next adventure, between the pages and on the road.






Comments
Post a Comment