***4.5 ‘I’d Rather Have You Than Game’ Stars***
The swoons were so real in this one. So were the laughs and the need to Gibbs Smack a few people and...gut a few with a spoon...
But it was the swoons that made my heart all KINDS of twitterpated and wishing I had a Griffin of my own.
Griffin pretty much owned me from the minute he stepped into Cosy’s place of employment. In that one moment I saw the man he was.Vulnerable, charming, a little awkward, but also had the kind of confidence that made you want to get closer and when he let his alpha side out to play? Well, the man was seriously lethal. And then there is Cosy. She is a spitfire with a huge heart and an enigma since she’s something of an organized free spirit. I know, you’re probably going huh? But trust me, as you get to know her, you’ll understand.
As for their journey to their HEA. It was an interesting one, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching them get closer and finding that, despite the fact they are opposites in many ways, that they fit each other perfectly. They just flowed. There are a few bumps in their road, one had me reaching for that spoon, but I loved how everything turned out for them in the end.
This was a really fun read. I loved every moment of Cosy & Griffin being together (the moments they weren’t...well, yeah, not so much) but overall this really was a feel good read that gave me the swoons. I loved catching up with Bane and Ruby and Lex and Amalie and cannot wait to get my hands on Lincoln’s book!
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
A new standalone, laugh-out-loud romantic comedy by New York Times bestselling author Helena Hunting.
Cosy Felton is great at her job—she knows just how to handle the awkwardness that comes with working at an adult toy store. So when the hottest guy she’s ever seen walks into the shop looking completely overwhelmed, she’s more than happy to turn on the charm and help him purchase all of the items on his list.
Griffin Mills is using his business trip in Las Vegas as a chance to escape the broken pieces of his life in New York City. The last thing he wants is to be put in charge of buying gag gifts for his friend’s bachelor party. Despite being totally out of his element, and mortified by the whole experience, Griffin is pleasantly surprised when he finds himself attracted to the sales girl that helped him.
As skeptical as Cosy may be of Griffin’s motivations, there’s something about him that intrigues her. But sometimes what happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas and when real life gets in the way, all bets are off. Filled with hilariously awkward situations and enough sexual chemistry to power Sin City, Making Up is the next standalone in the Shacking Up world.
Release Date: July 16th, 2019
Shacking Up (Book #1)
Release Date: May 30th, 2017
Hooking Up (Book #2)
Release Date: November 7th, 2017
I Flipping Love You (Book #3)
Release Date: May 29th, 2018
NTY and USA Today Bestselling author of The PUCKED Series, Helena Hunting lives outside of Toronto with her amazing family and her two awesome cats, who think the best place to sleep is her keyboard. Helena writes everything from contemporary romance to romance comedy, sports romance and angsty new adult romance.









Comments
Post a Comment