Skip to main content

~**~ Release Blitz for First and Forever (Heartache Duet #2) by Jay McLean w/ Review ~**~




Ava Diaz needs saving.

She just doesn’t know it yet.

Just like she doesn’t know a thing about the boy she sits next to on the first day of senior year.

He thinks she’s a brat.

She thinks he’s entitled.

Maybe first impressions don’t always last…

Because Connor Ledger’s about to save her.

He just doesn’t know why.



***5 ‘The Happiness’ Stars***

I finished this baby in no time flat.

Once I started it, I couldn’t (wouldn’t) put it down.

I HAD to know what else would happen between Ava and Connor and just how they would get their HEA, because seriously, if any two people deserved one, it’s them.

But, see, this book was so much more than just the two of them. It was needing to know what would also become of Miss D and Trevor, because their lives and happiness became just as important to me as Ava and Connor’s and lemme tell you, this one was an insanely intense emotional rollercoaster of a ride. It wasn’t only the intense highs and lows that did me in, but the stuff that came at me sideways - the things that weren’t even a thought in my head - those just did me in.

But Connor and Ava. I hurt for them. I growled in frustration at them, but no matter the situation, I was rooting for them to find a way, because they were always meant to be and I absolutely loved how everything ended up working out for them...hell, I’ve read the last four chapters or so a couplefew times since finishing the book. That’s how much I loved it!

Man. This review is much longer and more verbal comity than I intended it to be, but the brain did what it wanted. This duet was all kinds of goodness. It was heartbreaking for sure, but the happy that came out of it was so worth it. I loved Trevor even more I this one, but Rhys and Karen totally stepped up to the plate. Miss D made my heart soar as did Corey when everything was said and done. And then there is Austin - I seriously need more of Austin. He was awesome and I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing more of him in the future!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

Release Date: July 12th, 2019
Goodreads | Amazon US * Global


Heartache and Hope (Book #1)
Release Date: June 28th, 2019
Goodreads | Amazon US * Global

Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult and Young Adult romance, and skilled procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her three little boys, investing way too much time on True Crime Documentaries and binge-watching reality TV.

She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her laugh, make her hurt and make her feel.

Jay lives in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, in her dream home where music is loud and laughter is louder.

Comments