Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: I Hate You by Ilsa Madden-Mills ~**~



***5 ‘Fire In My Hands’ Stars***

Oh my heart.

And my head.

I don’t know which one got worked over hard as Blaze and Charisma played one hell of a ping pong game with my emotions and sanity as they stumbled away, around and towards each other, but it was so worth it and I really wish there had been more words to read because I really wanted to see where the future would take them because it promised to be amazing.

Blaze and Charisma. These two drove me batshit crazy throughout most of the book, no lie, but even when I wanted to Gibbs smack them (which happened A LOT) I still adored them. Charisma is sassy and strong and though she does have a strong sense of self, she’s also quite insecure on a level what made it so easy to connect with her. Blaze. My heart hurt for him. There were many times I wanted to Gibbs smack him, but he really is a good, sweet man who does care deeply, even though he hides it very well.

As for their journey to their HEA. I’ll admit that I was totally #TeamCharisma going in, hands down, but my curiosity over what was going on in Blaze’s head kept me from hating on the guy and as things progressed I did things shifted and it became a 50/50 split on when I was #TeamCharisma or #TeamBlaze. The thing with these two was when they weren’t doing the whole push/pull thing and failing at communicating, they were awesome together. Their bantering was hilarious, the smexy was HAWT and they had this flow, this way of just being together that had me rooting for them to see what was right in front of them. Obviously they had a lot of bumps in their journey, but that one scene where they finally lock each other down? Let’s just say the swoons were real.

This was a great read. Yes, the angst made me all kinds of batshit crazy, but considering all that Blaze and Charisma had to work through, in the end, it was worth it. As for the crazy group of people that surrounded Blaze and Charisma...I loved catching up with Ryker and Penelope and Margo and Connor and the Rossi family is awesome! We do get a glimpse of Mav and Delaney and I’m crossing my toes that Dillion will get his own HEA one day, but Vampire Bill is still the hands down fav!

Note: You don’t NEED to read I Dare You (Mav and Delaney) or I Bet You (Ryker and Penelope) in order to enjoy I Hate You as they are all standalones, but they interconnected ~ especially I Bet You and I Hate You ~ so I highly recommend that you do to fully enjoy the various relationships in the book AND totally feel the love of Vampire Bill :)

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


Blaze Townsend: I hate you.
Charisma Rossi: I hate you more.

She’s been expecting this ever since their latest showdown. She had good reason.

Hottest guy she’s ever seen.

Former fling.

Dumped her in front of her friends.

At her own party.

So no, she’s not about to forgive and forget just because he sits next to her in class.

He thinks all he has to do is turn on those baby blues, and she’ll melt right back into his arms. Please.She’d be crazy to let this cocky player affect her again. (Tell that to her body.)

Charisma Rossi.

Nerd girl with a dash of bad.

The one who got under his skin.

The one he cut loose.

Blaze knows she’s the riskiest prospect at Waylon University, but none of the interchangeable girls he hooks up with have ever made him feel the way she did. There’s absolutely no way he can have the girl and the game.

So why can’t he stop trying to win her back?

Can this wide receiver score the girl or will he make the biggest fumble of his life

Release Date: August 19th, 2019

I Dare You

Release Date: April 27th, 2018
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * CA * AUS

I Bet You

Release Date: October 25th, 2018
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * CA * AUS

Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills is best known for her angsty new adult romances and romantic comedies.

Eight of her eleven novels have placed in the Amazon Top 10 Best-seller List: Dirty English #1; Fake Fiancée and I Dare You #2; I Bet You, Filthy English, and Very Bad Things #6; Boyfriend Bargain #8; The Last Guy, her collaboration with Tia Louise, #4.

A former high school English teacher, she adores all things Pride and Prejudice, and of course, Mr. Darcy is her ultimate hero.

She's addicted to frothy coffee beverages, cheesy magnets, and any book featuring unicorns and sword-wielding females. Feel free to stalk her online.

Comments