***4 Stars***
As soon as I read the little tease of A Beautiful Touch at the end of A Beautiful Risk I knew I had to get my hands on the book and I wasn’t disappointed. While this book was all kinds of sweet, smexy and frustrating (in a good way) it also has a good dose of drama and heartache, which I definitely wasn’t expecting, that gave the story a lot of depth and heart.
I loved Sebastian and Iz. Sebastian is sweet, charming and determined and a little sneaky, which I thoroughly approved of and made it easy to fall for him. Iz is sweet and compassionate and definitely knows her own mind. She isn’t afraid to put herself out there and try new things, but she also knows when to draw the line in the sand.
Their journey to their HEA was definitely fraught with a good dose of frustration, but through all of it, it did give them the time to really get to know one another and see just what made them tick. I loved their bantering and how they seemed to just get each other. The smexy, once it happened, was HOT and I loved how they became more to each other than either expected.
This was, overall, a sweet read chock full of characters that were easy to like and root for. The bit of drama in it wasn’t expected, but as I said, did give depth to the story as well as Sebastian and Iz’s characters. I enjoyed the first person POV, and normally don’t have an issue when the entire story is told from one POV, but considering all that went on in the story I do wish that we’d gotten a couple of chapters from Sebastian’s POV. The secondary characters in this one were very well written and I really wished I could have spent more time with all of them ~ especially Sebastian’s family. So, if you are looking for a sweet read with a dash of drama then this one you should check out!
Note: This can definitely be read as a true stand-alone as no characters from A Beautiful Risk make an appearance.
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Rule Number One: Never fall in love with a patient.
Too bad her body and her heart want to break the rules.
When a darkly handsome man walks into her office for massage therapy, Iz Amato knows she’s in trouble. Not only does her body want to cross every line of the therapist/patient relationship, but her heart has rebellious plans of its own.
Iz would never breach the ethics rules about dating a patient. But when Sebastian—a doctor still suffering from injuries sustained in a car accident—assists with her sister’s mysterious illness, her attraction catapults into dangerous territory. He awakens her desire to heal someone again and kindles more than passion for her career.
Then life deals Iz a devastating blow, and the tables are turned. Sebastian’s love is the healing balm she needs…but he’s the one thing she can’t have.
Release Date: September 10th, 2019
Colette Dixon is a two-time RWA Golden Heart Award® Finalist who writes sexy, heart-mending love stories about smart, slightly tortured heroines and soft-on-the-inside heroes who learn how love can heal. For more years than she cares to admit, she worked as a clinician in a hospital while dreaming up love story plots. A farm girl who landed in Chicago after stints in Los Angeles and Shanghai, she loves to eat (food made by others), drink tea, and sun herself at every chance she can get to survive the Midwest winter.






Comments
Post a Comment