Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Chaos Remains (Greenstone Security #4) by Anne Malcom ~**~



***5 ‘Something Damaged. Something Beautiful.’ Stars***

Talk about all kinds of slow burn goodness!

This book had my heart bouncing around all over the place from start to finish. I laughed, I swooned, I got all teary and sniffly and I really wanted to gut someone with a spoon. And when I got to the end, I really wished there were more words to read because I didn’t want to say good bye to these characters at all.

I adored Elena and Lance. These two definitely kept me on my toes. Elena is so strong. She’s been through hell and even though she’s scarred by all that she has lived through, she still sees the good in people and in the world and keeps reaching for the good instead of wallowing in the dark. Lance. Now. I LOVE me some broody, one syllable speaking, I’ll singe with a look alpha AF male, but Lance may just take the cake. This man walks a darker path than most, but even in the dark he still has something golden in him that comes out when he least expects it.

Their journey to their HEA is all kinds of rocky slow burn goodness and I loved it all. The zing between them was there from the start, even if it wasn’t your typical type of zing and I loved watching as the cracks started to appear in both of them and seeing how they became so much more to each other than they’d ever thought they could be.

Ok. So. Confession time: This is my first Greenstone Security book *ducks and covers*. (And for those wondering. YES, It can be read as a stand-alone) I’m a tinsy bit behind on all the goodness that the author has out there, I just stumbled upon her recently and was immediately needing more of her words. But this book has me desperately looking for places where I can slot in the previous books to read so I can be caught up on everything because all of the characters in the book were amazing! From the Greenstone family to Elena’s crew, I NEED more of them all (Especially Rosie. I kinda want to be Rosie when I grow up). So major amounts of love all around to all.

As for the storyline and all that goes on. There will be triggers. Big Ones. But they are dealt with well and are necessary for the plot and the growth of both Elena and Lance. But, overall, I liked how everything played out and where things ended, even if I did end up getting all teary and sniffly.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

My story isn’t unique.

Isn’t rare.

Which is, I guess, what makes it so sad.

The story about a girl who falls in love with the wrong man, lured by tender gazes, devoted promises and gentle touches. The gentle touches disappear and she’s held captive with ugly insults and brutal beatings.

It’s common, this story. My past.

I can’t change the past.

I wouldn’t even if I could.

The ugliness of my past gave me a future worth living for.

Worth dying for.

It gave me a reason to fight. To escape.

That was my mistake. Thinking girls like me could have a choice.

I wasn’t given many promises in my life that weren’t broken, but chaos is a constant promise, always kept, never broken.

He comes amongst the chaos. Amongst the ugly.

He doesn’t promise a way out. He definitely doesn’t promise peace. But he gives me the opportunity for a different ending to my story.

Release Date: October 3rd, 2019
Goodreads | Amazon US * UK * AU * CA


Anne Malcom  has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth. As she grew up, her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular, gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males and happily ever afters more fun than reading about them, Anne is not about to stop any time soon.

Raised in small-town New Zealand, Anne had a truly special childhood, growing up in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. She has backpacked across Europe, ridden camels in the Sahara, eaten her way through Italy, and had all sorts of crazy adventures. Currently living in London, she’s on a whole new adventure. Watch this space…

Comments