***4 Stars***
I devoured this baby in no time flat.
From the first page I fell down the rabbit hole and NEEDED to see how things for Patch and Alaska would play out and lemme tell you it was one hell of a bumpy ride but it hit all the right buttons for me and then some.
Patch and Alaska...I loved these two. Patch has cut himself off from everything but his brothers, though even then he tends to keep his distance, but there despite everything, he still has a golden heart. Alaska. This woman hasn’t ever had a break and yet she continues to find a way to continue to do what she can in hope that she can one day give her daughter the life she deserves.
Their journey to their HEA is all kinds of bumpy. Secrets abound between these two and they cause more than their fair share of angst. But there is also that connection that continues to draw them to each other that neither one can shake and it definitely made for some interesting times. In all honesty, as much I loved these two, they also drove me batshit crazy ~ the growling in frustration and rolling of the eyes was real. So. Real. But in the end, I liked how everything turned out for them.
This baby is chock full of some serious issues ~ some do take a bit of a dark turn, but the story in and of itself isn’t dark, more on the gritty side that butts up against some hot topics. There was also one issue that surprised me with how it played out, not that I didn’t agree ~ I actually did, but it was definitely not what I was expecting to happen. As for the supporting cast of characters. I loved catching up with Priest and Willow and getting to know Bullet, Angel and Demon a little better and cannot wait to get my hands on the next book!
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Patch
The smallest caskets weigh the most.
I lost myself the day I buried my daughter.
Her death was only the beginning of my downfall.
I will not play God.
As a doctor, the oath I took bound me.
As a father, only blood could set me free.
Pain is my prison.
With guilt my only companion,
I bought myself a life, silenced by sin.
Alaska
You are not defined by your mistakes.
I refuse to regret the choices I've made.
I embrace them.
I will bow to no one.
Fear does not make me weak.
In the face of fear, I find my true strength.
I will rise.
With fire in my veins and embers in my soul,
I will give my daughter the life she deserves.
Release Date: October 26th 2019
Washed in Blood (Heaven’s Guardians MC #1)
Release Date: June 27th 2019
Being the boy mom of an almost 2 year old and 9 year old, means she lives off Goldfish crumbs and Diet Coke. But when she does have a spare minute of time to herself, you can typically find her parked on the couch, Kindle within reach, catching up on the previous weeks episode of Grey's Anatomy or Hell's Kitchen.







Comments
Post a Comment