Series: Gilded Sovereign #2
Author: Dani René
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: December 5, 2019

From USA Today Bestselling Author Dani René comes the second book in the bestselling Gilded Sovereign Series. A new adult romance filled with violence, blood, and a lot of steam!
I want to be Rukaiya’s hero, but she’s made it clear she can take care of herself. Her fire burns me. Her fierce nature lures me in. She’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing, and I want her to devour me. She enjoys defying me and I love to taunt her.
I always get the girl.
Every. Single. Time.
And this time is no different.
He’s trying to be my knight in shining armor, but I don’t need him to be. That’s what I tell myself, anyway. Etienne doesn’t give up easily. He’s adamant to change my mind. Only, he doesn’t realize that being with me could get him killed.
As I push, he pulls, and one of us is about to get wounded.
Secrets. Desire. Violence.
Our love is volatile.
When secrets are spilled, nobody is safe.
***4 Stars***
~ Copy provided by EJBP & voluntarily reviewed ~
***4 Stars***
This one turned out to be quite an interesting ride on more than one front. Lots of secrets reveal even more are hinted at and promised to be reveal in the next book and a romance that is insta in a lot of ways and yet was slow burn in others. All of which kept me turning the pages to see just what would happen next.
I really liked Rukaiya and Etienne. Rukaiya isn’t as fragile as she appears to be, while Etienne is...well he’s a lot more complex than most would ever guess.
Their journey to their HEA was an interesting one. As I said at the beginning it’s this strange mix of insta yet slow burn. They are drawn to each other and yet it takes a while for things to actually progress (mostly due to outside issues). But when they finally got time together, I liked the flow between them and could see that once the crazy in their lives were managed they could have a true HEA.
This baby was one heck of a ride. There is still a lot more to come in the revealing of the secrets department, but the ones that were revealed were doozies. My only real issue was that the story felt choppy and rushed in some places and I was left wanting more. But with that said, I loved catching up with Ares, Dahlia and Tarian and am definitely looking forward to seeing what all goes down in Tarian’s book!
~ Copy provided by EJBP & voluntarily reviewed ~

“The second book in this mind blowing series will captivate you from the very beginning.” - Linda, Early Reviewer
“I loved Etienne and Rukaiya’s story. We get a lot of answers in this book.... and even more questions!” - Amber, Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
“I was glued to every word on every page and cannot wait to see what comes next!” - Dirty Digital Girl Book Blog
“Dani has once again pulled me into a dark and twisted world” - Michelle, Early Reviewer



Dani is a USA Today Bestselling Author of a variety of genres, from romantic suspense to dark erotic romance and even BDSM romance. She loves to delve into the raw, emotional journeys her characters venture on, and enjoys the dark, edgy, and sensual scenes that fill the pages of her books. Dani's stories are seductive with a deviant edge with feisty heroines and dominant alphas.






























Comments
Post a Comment