Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry ~**~


***4.5 Stars***

This baby was all kinds of goodness.

I knew it would be intense and emotional, and it was, but it went beyond even my expectations and kept me turning the pages until the very end.

I loved Veronica and Sawyer. Both of them have been through more than anyone can fathom and yet they persevere and at least put forth as semblance of living their lives. They both have really good hearts and a sense of responsibility that they probably shouldn’t have at their ages, but they own it. While both of their journey’s broke my heart, I loved watching as they eventually confronted their own ghosts and came out stronger for it on the other side.

As for their journey to their HEA, it was all kinds of emotional, but it was also a fun one. Their first true collision was quite unique and I really enjoyed watching as they found that they had a lot more in common than either could have ever imagined. Their bantering was fun and I really enjoyed how their relationship evolved as the book progressed and loved how things worked out in the end.

Echoes Between Us was an intense and captivating ride from start to finish. The issues that these characters deal with were intense, but they were necessary to understand the characters motivation and appreciate their growth. And as for the secondary cast of characters, they were all very well written and though I don’t have a favorite, I wouldn’t mind spending more time with them all and see where life takes them

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

Veronica sees ghosts. More specifically, her mother's ghost. The afterimages of blinding migraines caused by the brain tumor that keeps her on the fringes and consumes her whole life haunt her, even as she wonders if it's something more...

Golden boy Sawyer is handsome and popular, a state champion swimmer, but his adrenaline addiction draws him to Veronica.

A girl with nothing to live for and a boy with everything to lose--can they conquer their demons together?

Release Date: January 14th, 2020

KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Comments