~**~ Blog Tour for So, That Got Weird (So Far, So Good #1) by Amelia Kingston w/ Review & Giveaway ~**~
Amelia Kingston is joining us today with the blog tour of her new release, SO THAT GOT WEIRD! Check it out and be sure to grab your copy today!
Title: So That Got Weird
Author: Amelia Kingston
Genre: Contemporary Romance
About So That Got Weird:
A painfully awkward love story.Incomprehensibly awkward Elizabeth Wilde is desperate for love. Connection. Intimacy. After a lifetime of romantic failures, the twenty-one-year-old gamer realizes she needs help. Professional help. She needs…
A sex tutor.
The devastatingly hot jock Austin Jacobs is just the man for the job. As the reigning campus sex god, he has the playboy act down pat. But underneath those six-pack abs beats a broken heart. He doesn’t trust people and he sure as hell doesn’t believe in love.
The odd couple strike a deal. Four weeks of ‘tutoring’ for five thousand dollars.
When Austin coaxes Elizabeth out from behind her computer screen, the attraction they feel is undeniable. They’re both a little broken, but somehow their jagged edges fit. And when their world comes tumbling down on top of them, they each have to decide if this weird thing called love is worth fighting for.
Order You Copy Today:
Amazon | Kobo | Barnes & Noble
***4.5 ‘#TeamGoose’ Stars***
“A painfully awkward love story”
That opening line from the description was the hook, because I appear to have a fondness for awkward love stories lately and this one definitely delivered! It is all kinds of adorkably awkward goodness with a lot of heart and all the feels one could ask for.
I ADORED Elizabeth. Yes, she is all kinds of awkward, but there is a fierceness to her that doesn’t allow her to just fade away. She is sassy, sweet and I really liked the way her mind worked. Austin. I loved him. I did. He has a good heart and is a good guy, but he uses his past as a weapon, mostly against himself, but when he unleashes it, it’s brutal.
Their journey to their HEA was all kinds of awkward, sweet and frustrating goodness. They definitely had their awkward moments, OMG were there awkward, but through them they became closer and I just really enjoyed hanging with both of them. The chemistry between them was HAWT and their bantering was a lot of fun. The bumps were numerous for a variety of reasons, but I really liked how everything worked out for them.
This was my first read by the author and I really enjoyed it. The writing was engaging, the pacing good and the dual first person POV’s interesting. There are quite a few issues brought up throughout the story that could be triggers for some, but they are necessary in understanding the motivations and thoughts of the characters and were handled well. And then there are the supporting cast of characters. I ADORED Jackie. She may just be the fav and I am definitely crossing my toes she gets her own HEA. But I’m definitely on board for Jessie, Drew and Devin finding theirs as well, so lots and lots to look forward to from this author!
~ Copy provided by InkSlinger PR & voluntarily reviewed ~

Comments
Post a Comment