Pastor Ben Langley is irresistible.
His wife died giving birth to their daughter five years ago. His tragic past doesn’t keep me from wanting to unravel him, strip away his buttoned-up goodness, and discover what kind of man lies beneath. If that makes me evil, so be it. I’m far beyond redemption anyway.
Ashleigh Kendrick is freedom personified, an unpredictable wind I want to grasp hold of.
Every Sunday she watches me preach from the front row, wearing her halter tops and tiny skirts, a dangerous temptation. Her favorite words are the four-letter variety, and her smile lights up the darkness inside me. I vowed to love one woman forever. I never realized that vow would be impossible to keep when confronted with a chance to love again.
Face the Music is an opposites attract romance with emotional ties to the past that run so thick they feel impossible to overcome.
Release Date: January 20th, 2020
Playing by Heart (Book #1)
Release Date: November 27th, 2018
Skipped a Beat (Book #2)
Release Date: April 29th, 2019
***5 Stars***
After meeting Ben in Playing by Heart, I had my toes crossed that he’d get his own book. After finishing Skipped a Beat I was all kinds of excited and couldn’t wait to see Ben and Ashleigh get their HEA and Face the Music did not disappoint. This baby took me on one hell of a ride in every way possible and hit the right buttons for me.
Ben and Ashleigh. These two. Here’s the thing. I adored both of them. Ben truly believes in his faith. He believes in helping those who ask for it, and those who don’t. I couldn’t help but truly admire how strongly he felt about what his word meant, but it also drove me a tinsy bit batshitcrazy. Ashleigh has moxie. She lives her life loudly and without apology. But she has her insecurities that wreak more havoc on her psyche than anyone can imagine.
Ash and Ben’s journey to their HEA was all kinds of insanely smexy opposites attract slow burn goodness that had a good dose of frustrating and swoon worthy moments tossed into the mix to keep things interesting. As well as an adorably precocious little girl who kept everyone on their toes. I gotta say, these two kept me on my toes. With every move forward there was at least one and half back as they wrestled with their own demons, but the one thing that was clear was that they had that connection, that flow, that if they only find a way to work through their inner monologues then they’d find that they were exactly what the other never knew they needed.
I had a feeling going in that this book would...raise my hackles a bit because any time religion comes into play it can bring about very strong feelings, and this book did that ~ not gonna lie. BUT what the author did was bring in different points of view on religion, faith and belief and kept things on a pretty even keel, which I absolutely appreciated. (Random side note: Totally on #TeamBen with this one). But other hot topics do come up in this book, some may be triggers, so be prepared to go in with an open mind. As for the secondary cast of characters. There were a few I wanted to gut with a spoon, but there were more that I adored. I loved catching up with Bethany, Jesse, Ryder and Jade and Elliott was all kinds of awesome! I’m still waiting to see what will happen with Chris, but I cannot wait to meet the woman that will bring Ethan to his knees!
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.
Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.
She spends the majority of her day behind the computer where a world of battling alphas, budding romance, and impossible obstacles claws away at her subconscious and begs to be released to the page.
For more information her books, or just to say hello, visit JB on her website, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.











Comments
Post a Comment