Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Love Hard (Hard Play #3) by Nalini Singh ~**~


***5 Stars***

#fangirldown #fangirldown

This isn’t even a hangover situation. This is pure, unadulterated book happiness.

I swear my cheeks hurt from all the stupid, dopey grinning I was doing while reading this baby.

I not only got an amazing second chance at love/frenemies to lovers/single parent romance, but got to spend time with a whole bunch of characters I adore and got to meet more that have me crossing my toes that the author has something up her sleeves for them in the future because I simply need more of them all.

I ADORED Jacob and Juliette. ADORED. Jake is, simply put, a really good man. He obliterated my ovaries anytime he was with his adorable daughter, Esme, but it was how protective he was with those he called his own that had me all kinds of twitterpated. Jules is a force to be reckoned with. This woman owns all that she is and isn’t afraid to speak her mind ~ whether it be snarky or sweet ~ she gives as good as she gets, and then some.

I thoroughly enjoyed Jake and Jules journey to their HEA. Their bantering/sniping at each other was a lot of fun and the chemistry between them was HAWT ~ OMG HAWT!. But what I truly enjoyed was watching as they came to terms with their shared past and started to see each other for who they truly were. While they are opposites in quite a few ways, they have the same core of honor, loyalty and compassion that made it so easy to see how they could be so much more.

Ever since meeting the Bishop-Esera clan in Rock Hard I’ve been hooked. The love these people have for each other makes my heart all kinds of happy, and getting to see how they all rally around each other is simple goodness ~ and this book is chock full of that goodness. Esme and Emmeline were absolutely adorable! And I loved catching up with the Bishop-Esera clan and those they call family. There were also some surprise appearances in this one that made my heart all kinds of happy, and a bunch of new characters that I’m crossing my toes will get their own books/novellas/shorts in the newsletter in the future, but I’m all kinds of excited for Danny’s book and cannot wait to see him brought to his knees!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~


Jacob Esera, star rugby player and young single father, has worked hard to create a joyous life for his six-year-old daughter. After the death of his childhood sweetheart soon after their daughter’s birth, all Jake wants is safety and stability. No risks. No wild chances. And especially no Juliet Nelisi, former classmate, scandal magnet, and a woman who is a thorn in his side.

As a lonely teenager, Juliet embraced her bad-girl reputation as a shield against loneliness and rejection. Years later, having kicked a cheating sports-star ex to the curb, she has a prestigious job and loyal friends—and wants nothing to do with sportsmen. The last thing she expects is the fire that ignites between her and the stuffed-shirt golden boy who once loved her best friend.

Straitlaced Jacob Esera versus wild-at-heart Juliet Nelisi? Place your bets.

Release Date: March 10th, 2020
Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks


Cherish Hard (Hard Play #1) 


Release Date: November 14th, 2017
Goodreads | Amazon US * CA * UK | B&N | Kobo | iBooks



Rebel Hard (Hard Play #2)


Release Date: September 18th, 2018
Goodreads | Amazon US * CA * DE * UK | B&N | Kobo | iBooks


I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted to buy my first book, Desert Warrior, it was a dream come true. I hope to continue living the dream until I keel over of old age on my keyboard.

Comments