Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Chicks, Man by J D Hollyfield ~**~


***4 Stars***

Ooookkkaaaayyy…

I did NOT see that coming.

I saw some of it, but not THAT.

What is “That” you ask? Well, that I can’t get into, just know that it’s big.

As for what I can comment on…

Levi and Hannah. I honestly loved these two, but man, they both gave me whiplash throughout the entire book. Levi is a good guy. He’s had an interesting life, not all of it good, but he’s thoughtful and deliberate, which at times gives him tunnel vision. Hannah is a sweetheart. She’s had it rough, despite growing up with a loving family, but she’s come out of it a lot stronger than most even realize. Their journey was quite...convoluted and frustrating because of it, but I loved how evenly matched they ended up being and how they both grew as their relationship did. There are A LOT of road blocks in their journey to their HEA, more than you could imagine, but, in the end, they ended up exactly where they were meant to be.

This book surprised me in a lot of ways. Where the story takes us was not one I saw coming, so buckle up. I went from laughing to wanting to gut a lot of people in a matter of seconds because, the unfortunate truth is I actually didn’t like many of the secondary characters and that is very rare for me, I always find one to love, in this case...not so much. A few redeemed themselves ~ kind of ~ but others didn’t.  BUT even though I didn’t like them, there are a few I really want to see knocked on their asses, so will be keeping an eye out for their books to see if they can find redemption.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

Falling in love was the easy part.

Being secretly in love with my brother’s best friend is where it got tricky.

Levi Dent was off-limits. Which was probably for the best, since he barely knew I existed.

Until one night I saw an opportunity I couldn’t resist.

The problem was, I got caught.

She tricked me.

I knew there was something so familiar about her, but I just couldn’t resist.

Hannah Matthews was nothing more than my best friend’s little sister. Except she wasn’t so little anymore.

I need to forget all about her.

If only it were that easy...

Release Date: April 27th, 2020
Goodreads | Amazon (Live release)

J.D. Hollyfield is a creative designer by day and superhero by night. When she’s not cooking, event planning, or spending time with her family, she’s relaxing with her nose stuck in a book. With her love for romance, and her head full of book boyfriends, she was inspired to test her creative abilities and bring her own stories to life. Living in the Midwest, she’s currently at work on blowing the minds of readers, with the additions of her new books and series, along with her charm, humor and HEA’s.

J.D. Hollyfield dapples in all genres, from romantic comedy, contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, fantasy and erotica! Want to know more! Follow her on all platforms!

Comments