***4 Stars***
This was a fun read. Which is a little strange to write down considering this is an MC romance, but it really was. I found myself grinning more often than not and being more than happy to get lost in Abbie and Temper’s unique journey to their HEA.
I loved Abbie and Temper. Abbie is all kinds of sweet and sassy, even when she’s feeling all kinds of awkward. I loved watching her truly come into her own and really take charge of what she wanted her future to look like. Temper surprised me, but in a good way. He is all kinds of alpha, he has to be as Prez, but I loved getting to know the heart of the man beneath the title and seeing just how golden his heart was.
Their journey to their HEA was all kinds of fun. It is a strange mix of slow burn/insta, no gonna lie, but it worked for me considering all that was tossed their way in a short amount of time. but I loved their bantering and didn’t play any mind games with each other. The angst was low, which I appreciated considering all that was going on around them, and I really liked how everything worked out for them in the end.
This was a fun read, on the lighter side of the spectrum than the majority of the MC romances I tend to read, but it had enough grit to keep things interesting. And speaking of interesting...talk about holy plot twist Batman! I did NOT see that one coming at all, but it definitely kicked things up a notch. And as for the supporting cast of characters. I loved catching up with Saint and Skyler, I some how missed Renegade’s book, but will be diving in as soon as possible, but loved Renny and Izzy. But the two that peaked my interest the most were Crow and Chains and I’m crossing my toes they get their own HEA’s down the road.
~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
Every year, the hot, tatted biker comes into Abbie’s bar, orders whiskey and asks her out. Every year, Abbie turns him down. After all, dating a man that goes by Temper seems like a really bad idea, no matter how attracted she is to him.
But this year is different. Abbie’s different. Older, wiser and tired of being stuck behind the bar in a sleepy town. This year, she’s ready for whatever adventure the sexy but sweet biker has in store for her.
Or so she thinks…until an elegant candlelit dinner ends with a dead body.
Now Abbie finds herself on the ride of her life, whisked away to the big city in Temper’s protective custody. She should be scared, but—despite his nickname—it’s clear the last thing Temper would ever do is hurt a hair on her head. And when danger catches up with them, Abbie soon realizes that holding tight to her man while straddling a Harley may be the safest place of all.
Release Date: April 20th, 2020
New York Times, Amazon & USA Today Bestselling Author Chantal Fernando is thirty years old and lives in Western Australia.
Lover of all things romance, Chantal is the author of the best selling books Dragon's Lair, Maybe This Time and many more.
When not reading, writing or daydreaming she can be found enjoying life with her three sons and family.






Comments
Post a Comment