Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: A Secret for a Secret (All In #3) by Helena Hunting ~**~


***5 ‘Eye of the Storm’ Stars***

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in this series, but this one may just be my favorite and it all has to do with Kingston and Queenie. These two had me grinning like a loon for almost the entire book (only ‘almost’ because there are some intense moments) but overall, I loved watching these two total opposites collide and become everything to each other.

Queenie is fiesty. She’s all kinds of sassy, sweet and compassionate. She isn’t blind to her faults, and though her insecurities can wreak havoc on her confidence, she definitely owns all that she is. Kingston is a true boy scout. OMG, his need to toe the line is insane. But that’s what ended up totally endearing me to him. He is simply a good man, but does have a nice little dose of wild when the time is right.

Their journey to their HEA was a lot of fun. They are opposites in a lot of ways, but they flowed well together, it felt like they helped to fill in the other’s missing pieces and helped to make the other stronger because of it. Their bantering was a lot fun and the chemistry between them was HOT! And as for the bumps in their journey, of which there were quite a few ~ some surprising, others not so much ~ I liked how everything got handled and loved where they were at in their relationship in the end.

This was such a fun read for me. The drama did have me rolling my eyes a time or two, but it was all worth it to see King and Queenie get their HEA. As for the secondary characters. I loved getting to know Jake, Queenie’s dad and the teams GM better ~ and I’m crossing my toes he may get his own HEA at some point. Catching up with RJ, Lainey, Bishop and Stevie was a lot of fun, but it was Lavender, River and Hanna who were my favorites and I’m hoping we’ll books on all of them in the future!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

My name is Ryan Kingston, and I’m a rule follower. I’ve never been in a fistfight. I always obey the speed limit. I don’t get drunk, and I definitely don’t pick up random women at bars.

Except the night I found out that my whole existence has been a lie.

I got drunk. And picked up a stranger.

Her name was Queenie, and she was everything I’m not: reckless, impulsive, and chaotic. We did shots and traded secrets. And ended up naked at my place.

She left me a thank-you note in the morning and her panties as a parting gift. But no way to contact her.

Six weeks later I’m sitting in the first official team meeting of the season, and there she is. I neglected to mention that I’m the goalie for Seattle’s NHL team.

And Queenie? Turns out she’s the general manager’s daughter.

Release Date: May 12th, 2020
Goodreads | Amazon US * CA * UK * AU * Worldwide | Audio

NTY and USA Today Bestselling author of The PUCKED Series, Helena Hunting lives outside of Toronto with her amazing family and her two awesome cats, who think the best place to sleep is her keyboard. Helena writes everything from contemporary romance to romance comedy, sports romance and angsty new adult romance.

Comments