Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: The Change Up by Meghan Quinn ~**~


***4 ‘Team Maddox’ Stars***


This baby took me one hell of a ride. I grinned and swooned like a fool, growled in frustration and hurt my eyes from quite a bit of rolling. But I also got to catch up with a few favs and in the end thoroughly enjoyed the ride.


I ADORED Maddox. Not that I’m all that surprised since I have a soft spot for the broody ones with a soft heart, and that is soooo Maddox. I loved getting to see beneath the tattoos and bad boy image to the man with a huge, yet bruised heart. Kinsley. Here’s the thing about Kinsley. She is truly a good person with a heart of gold, it was hard not to like her, but...I know the dreadful ‘BUT’...she unfortunately hit on one of my pet peeves and hit hard on it and though I got it, though I liked her, I was also quite annoyed with her throughout part of the book. It’s a total “it’s not you, it’s me’ sitch, and it sucks big time because she really is a genuinely good person.


As for their friends to lovers journey. Right off the bat (hehe) I knew they were meant to be together. I loved their bantering and just how easy it was for them to simply ‘BE’ together. Of course when they finally figured out that they could be more than just friends, well, things definitely got all kinds of HAWT. As for the big sinkhole in their journey...well, I hurt for them both, and wanted to Gibbs smack the hell out of Maddox...but I gotta say, that was some epic grovelling. That was definitely taking it deep and I thoroughly approve of it all and loved that they got their HEA.


The author definitely went hard with this one in every way, but it was totally worth it in the end. I loved getting to catch up with Corey and Jason (it’s strange how much I love him as a supporting character in the books) and seeing how their relationships are evolving. And then there is Lincoln...toes are crossed that he’ll be getting his own HEA at some point in the future.


~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


BREAKING NEWS: The Bad Boy of Baseball, Maddox Paige, is totally and utterly whipped.

Okay, that might not be the headlines in the newspaper this morning, but it's the reality of my current situation.

It all started a month ago when I received a call from my best friend, Kinsley. She got a new job in Chicago and needed a place to stay. I've known the girl since I was five, what harm would it be to have her stay at my place for a while?

Ha! Total disaster.

Now instead of going out every night with my teammates, I'm couch surfing and sketching endless photos of my best friend . . . but that's the least of my concerns.

The disaster, you ask? I'm rapidly falling head over cleats in love with my best friend, my roommate, and my number one fan.

And she has no idea . . .

Release Date: June 11th, 2020


USA Today Bestselling Author, wife, adoptive mother, and peanut butter lover. Author of romantic comedies and contemporary romance, Meghan Quinn brings readers the perfect combination of heart, humor, and heat in every book.

Facebook | Follow on Goodreads | Website | Amazon Author Page | Instagram | Follow on BookBub

Comments