

***4.5 ‘Team Ivy’ Stars***
OMG...my eyes. The amount of rolling they did was epic, but then again I did state that I’d need a copious amount of whiskey to get through this one, so I’m all that surprised.
But, seriously...this book. The urge to toss the Kindle into the freezer in the first part of this book was STRONG...oh, so, STRONG. But, I stuck it out and ended up getting hooked on Ivy, Gabe and the rest of the Inferno and even though there was another moment where tossing the kindle into the freezer could have happened, I can’t deny that I didn’t end up enjoying this chaotic ride.
Ivy. I ADORED Ivy. I didn’t always agree with her choices, or even reasons behind them, but man is this woman fierce. Intelligent and cunning, she definitely kept me on my toes and I loved how she truly owned everything she was. Gabe. He fascinated me and, to be absolutely honest, it took me a long time to actually like him. I could go into the why behind it, but that would be spoilery, so it’s a no go there, but despite some of his machinations, I did love how loyal and protective he was of the Inferno crew.
Their journey hurt my eyes from all the rolling they did. Absolute truth. They hurt. BUT the attraction/chemistry/connection between Ivy and Gabe was undeniable. Their love/hate relationship was one for the ages and their foreplay was definitely unique and that led to quite a few smexy moments. The angst was plentiful in this baby, and I was total Team Ivy through it all, but I couldn’t have expected how that last roadblock in their road hit me. Truth, I’ve never been a fan of that particular train of thought, but the kindle almost ended up across the room because of it. And though the method of getting to the heart of the matter was inspired, I could have used a lot more groveling ~ just sayin’. But all in all, I’m very happy Ivy and Gabe got their shit sorted because they were absolutely perfect for each other ~ and there is no one in the world who could have put with either of them.
So, outside of Ivy and Gabe’s chaos, this book pushes the series plot line forward, even as more questions pop up as to what the Fathers are after and just what role everyone is actually playing in it. I’m at the point where I’m just gonna roll with it all and just wait until everything is revealed. But while I do that, I gotta say I’m even more fascinated with the Inferno. I did like catching up with Tanner and Luca, though to be honest, Tanner seriously needs to pull that stick out and the rest of the guys, Ava and Emily, but I’m definitely looking forward to getting my hands on Violence, Ezra’s book, because after all that happened in this book, I NEED his story STAT!
~ Copy provided by the author/EJBP & voluntarily reviewed ~






















Comments
Post a Comment