At Santa Cruz Central High School, they called them the misfits, the outcasts, the weirdos. But most of us knew them as the Lost Boys…
The Girl in the Love Song, book one in the Lost Boys, an interconnected coming-of-age series of standalones, from USA Today bestselling author Emma Scott, is live!
Miller Stratton is a survivor. After a harrowing childhood of poverty, he will do anything it takes to find security for himself and his mom. He’s putting all his hopes and dreams in the fragile frame of his guitar and the beauty he creates with its strings and his soulful voice.
Until Violet.
No one expects to meet the love of their life at age thirteen. But the spunky rich girl steals Miller’s heart and refuses to give it back.
Violet McNamara’s life hasn’t been as simple as it looks. Her picture-perfect family is not so perfect after all. Her best friend Miller is her one constant and she is determined not to ruin their friendship with romantic complications.
But the heart wants what it wants. As Miller’s star begins to rise to stratospheric heights, what will it take for Violet to realize that she’s the girl in all of his love songs?
The Girl in the Love Song features two original songs written by Emma herself.
Download today or read for free in Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2UdV79C
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/TheGirlintheLoveSongES
Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2MLnYhU
***4.5 ‘Pendulum’ Stars***
Talk about having all the emotions pulled out of me.
This baby took me through all kinds, and every kind of feel possible and probably some I didn’t think were possible all in one book and definitely has me making grabby hands at the next one in the series.
I loved Violet and Miller. I also growled a lot at them throughout the book for a variety of reasons, but that’s what happens when you’re reading a coming of age story and these two definitely had life throw them a ton of curveballs. From start to finish I loved watching as they worked through their feelings ~ for their family, their friends and for each other ~ and with each choice (whether I agreed with them or not) they grew and I really liked how they found ways to not only pick themselves up, but each other and I loved where they were at when I read ‘The End’
This is definitely not a book that is all sunshine and roses, I mean, when things were good, they were really, really good, but it does tackle some heavy subjects right off the bat and as rough as it was to read at times, I like how the author handled it all. There were also some things that were predictable and some that were true surprises and both kept me turning the pages ~ even though there were parts that did drag a bit for me ~ because I needed to see how everything played out.
And then there are the secondary cast of characters....you all KNOW I’m a sucker for well written characters and this book is chock full of them! Holden, Shiloh, Ronan, River and Evelyn definitely add all kinds of teenage angsty goodness to this book, but they also added a lot of heart and I’m totally excited to get my hands on the next book in the series!
~ Copy provided by Valentine PR & voluntarily reviewed ~
About Emma:
Webpage: emmascottwrites.com
Facebook: http://bit.ly/EmmaScottFB
Reader group: http://bit.ly/EmmaScottEntourage
Bookbub: http://bit.ly/EmmaScottBB
Instagram: http://bit.ly/EmmaScottIG
Twitter: http://bit.ly/EmmaScottTW
Stay up to date with Emma by joining her mailing list: http://bit.ly/2nTGLf6

Comments
Post a Comment