Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Don’t Hex and Drive (Stay A Spell #2) by Juliette Cross ~**~



***5 ‘Arugula’ Stars***

I have to say, if I hadn’t already been making grabby hands at this book, the opening line of the description would have hooked me because I totally get being bad at peopling ~ most will say I’m not, but sometimes peopling doesn’t go all that well ~ and I thoroughly enjoyed adorable awkwardness of Isadora as she collided with the charming and determined Devraj, as well as all the hijinks that always seems to surround the Savoie sisters and anyone who happens to find themselves in their orbit.

I adored Isadora and Devraj. Izzy is an introvert and shy and can be awkward in certain situations where any sort of peopling occurs, but she also has this inner strength that comes out when she feels strongly about something ~ whether it be about people or animals ~ and I couldn’t help but love watching her stubborn side come out to play. Dev is sweet, charming and playful. He’s also quite sneaky and determined and when all of that is combined with a protective streak a mile wide? Well, he’s quite lethal in every way.

Their journey to their HEA was all kinds of awkward, yet swoon worthy fun. I loved Dev’s determination to wiggle his way into Izzy’s world as much as I loved her determination to keep him at arms length or further. But the chemistry between them was undeniable and I loved watching as they both fell, hard, for each other.

I loved diving back into this world. NOLA is one of the places on my bucket list and considering all that is going on, this has been the best way to ‘visit’. The mystery/suspense was done well in this book. It was well thought out and executed and didn’t overshadow Dev and Izzy’s journey, but instead added to it. As for the cast of characters. I tend to have my favorites in any series, but here I’m pretty fascinated with all of them in equal measure, though I am crossing my toes that a certain Grim gets more page time as the series progresses. But as it stands, I loved getting to experience a little of the Jules/Ruben situation and cannot wait to get my hands on Violet and Nico’s book!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

 

Notoriously bad at peopling, Isadora Savoie spends most of her time in the greenhouse or at the local animal shelter, using her Conduit powers of growth and healing. Content to remain in the background of the Savoie sister shenanigans, she’s reluctantly roped into the mystery of missing neighborhood girls. Now, she’s partnered with a flashy, flirty vampire to find them before it’s too late.

 

Devraj Kumar has seen and done it all. Three hundred years roaming the earth as a Stygorn—a legendary vampire warrior who operates in the shadows—has its perks. But ennui has set in. That is, until he has a run-in—literally—with an intriguing witch while on a new assignment in New Orleans. Fascinated by her resistance to his charms, Devraj can’t help but push her buttons in an effort to get to know the shy witch. Fortunately for him, she’s been recruited by the Lord of Vampires to assist Devraj on the case.

 

Between a Bollywood marathon, supernatural dating app, secret package, and sexy driving instruction, Isadora is in over her head. And Devraj? After just one taste, he’s playing for keeps.

 

Release Date: September 8th, 2020

Goodreads | Amazon 


Wolf Gone Wild (Stay A Spell #1)


Release Date: January 14th, 2020

Goodreads | Amazon (KU) | Paperback

My Review

JULIETTE is a multi-published author of paranormal and fantasy romance & the co-host of the podcast Smart Women Read Romance. She is represented by Rachel Brooks at BookEnds Literary Agency. She is a native of Louisiana, living in the heart of Cajun land with her husband, four kids, black lab named Kona, and kitty, Betty. When she isn’t working on her next project, she enjoys binge-watching her favorite shows with her husband and a glass (or two) of red wine.

Website | Facebook | FB Group | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram

Comments