Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Sicko by Amo Jones ~**~



***4 ‘They Created the Monster and Then Asked Why I Bite’ Stars***

I swear this woman does my head, and heart in, and yet, I keep coming back for more.

This won’t surprise anyone when I say that she went there...waayyy over there with this baby. It’s dark, gritty and all kinds of twisty, turny goodness.

But it’s also sweet and swoon worthy and smexy.

It hit all the buttons from the start and kept me turning the pages until the very end.

I gotta say, I loved Jade. She is sweet, sassy and determined. I will admit that there were moments of “Da Fuq she doing” came out of my mouth, but considering all the crazy surrounding her, she never truly breaks. She may get bent and bruised, but she never breaks. And then there is Royce/Sicko...here’s the thing. I LOVED Royce. LOVED. Protecting, sweet, cocky. Loved him. Sicko...well, wanting to Gibbs smack him happened a lot, but I grew to love the growly, broody man...eventually.

Their journey to their HEA was a journey. There was no doubt in my mind that they were always meant to be together because they just flowed. Yes, they had that whole foster brother/sister taboo thing going on ~ something they both leaned heavily on ~ but there was more. Even after their time apart, they KNEW each other and watching as they found their new norm was as frustrating as it was fun as they worked hard to unearth the others secrets while trying to hold on to their own.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll probably always say it when I do a review for this author. You have to go into this book with no preconceived notions, in fact you kind of have to suspend reality because you have to totally immerse yourself in the world she’s created and just roll with it. Now, this world is definitely more “normal” than some of the others, but it still has it’s OTT moments that had me going “Da fuq???” so the twists were done well. I do still have some unanswered questions, but overall I liked how everything worked out. 

And, yes, there are triggers...ALL kinds of triggers...so saddle up.

But I cannot end this without commenting on the supporting cast of characters. I have to say, this one is filled with some amazing characters ~ both the good and the bad. And though I know that, as of right now, this is a stand-alone, I’m hoping that this isn’t a true good-bye, because there are a handful I’d love to get more time with...Wicked...Silver...just to name a few, so toes crossed!

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~


He was my foster brother.

He swore to protect me.

He failed.

They all failed.

I’m an open box of passé photographs, snapped in chaste daylight, but filtered in sepia. I’m the past that he tried to forget, and he was the future I needed. When he left four years ago, I screamed for him every night. But then it all stopped. My screams were suddenly muffled by cruelty, and further coaxed by pain.

But he has come back. He’s not the cute big brother I had a furtive crush on, or the bad boy, rich brat that I hated to love.

He’s the ruthless vice president of Wolf Pack MC, and he doesn’t answer to Royce Kane anymore.

He answers to Sicko.

Release Date: September 1st, 2020

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks 


Amo Jones is a small country girl totally winging this author thing (she's probably doing it all wrong). She likes cake, loves wine, and her religion is magic. She's a profound work-a-holic, but when she's not writing, you can find her chilling with her kids & partner at the nearest beach, with a cocktail in her hand. 

New Zealand is not a state of Australia and rugby is the best sport ever played. 


Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram

Comments