***4 ‘Creepster’ Stars***
Talk about an adrenaline rush...and that was just in the first chapter. But the rest of this book had me grinning like a fool as Luna and Chase danced around each other and found that they were both exactly what they never knew they needed.
I ended up loving Luna and Cash. Luna is guarded and street smart with a sassy mouth and is always on guard. Cash on the outside doesn’t always match the Cash on the inside. He’s cocky, goofy and a little broken, but when he’s all in, he’s all in.
Their journey to their HEA was a lot of fun. Their first collision was by no means a ‘meet-cute’ but it totally set the stage for a highly surprising, yet enjoyable, courtship. Luna and Cash just fit together, even their broken pieces fit. I loved their bantering and just how well they flowed when they were together, even when they tried their hardest to keep the other at arm’s length.
Let me admit right now that I have not read any of the books in the actual driven series, so, if you are like me, you can dive in here and not be lost at all, but we do meet a few of the characters in said series and you may want to after ~ I know my interest is peaked.
With that out of the way, lemme say that this baby packs a punch. There are triggers, there are situations that may make you uncomfortable, but it all necessary and I liked how it all worked out in the end.
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
LUNA MONROE
I’m a junkie.
Hard hitting, pulse pounding, adrenaline addict.
It’s what I live for.
The highs.
The lows.
The problem is, I do it all illegally. Now, I’m on the run and it’s only a matter of time before my past catches up to me.
CASH HUNTINGTON
I’m an addict.
Speed is my drug of choice.
The thrill. The rush. The highs of dominating the racetrack.
There’s never been anything I wanted more than to win.
Until her.
Release Date: September 17th, 2020
J.D. Hollyfield is a creative designer by day and superhero by night. When she’s not cooking, event planning, or spending time with her family, she’s relaxing with her nose stuck in a book. With her love for romance, and her head full of book boyfriends, she was inspired to test her creative abilities and bring her own stories to life. Living in the Midwest, she’s currently at work on blowing the minds of readers, with the additions of her new books and series, along with her charm, humor and HEA’s.
J.D. Hollyfield dapples in all genres, from romantic comedy, contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, fantasy and erotica! Want to know more! Follow her on all platforms!






Comments
Post a Comment