***5 ‘It Sounds Like You’ Stars***
Even if I wasn’t already a fangirl of the authors, the title would’ve had me making grabby hands at this baby because, seriously...wine is my main addiction. So, I was all kinds of excited to dive in and lemme tell you, this book was awesome! I was hooked from the very first page and am crossing my toes that this isn’t the last time we get to spend time with these characters.
I ADORED Bridget. My heart hurt for her, and being in her head was brutal, but fascinating at the same time, as she disappeared into the darkness of her grief and then clawed her way out of it. It wasn’t pretty, it wasn’t easy, but the strength she showed was absolutely admirable as she found out just who she wanted to be. And Zeke...I think he is my perfect man. Broody, a little scary, smexy as hell, alpha AF male who loves hard, actually communicates AND LOVES wine...I’m seriously...Perfect. Man. Their journey isn’t easy, but I absolutely loved them together and loved how they got their HEA.
This was a great read, it was a heartbreaking one and being in Bridget’s head was brutal, but I thoroughly enjoyed being on the journey with her. And while the basis of this story is quite heavy, I really like how the author balanced it out with humor and heart. And speaking of heart, I ADORED the supporting cast of characters in this one ~ one I tolerated, but she definitely brought life to the story as well ~ Ryder, Jax, Marley, Luna, Alexis ~ I don’t have a favorite amongst them, I just know that I would love it if one or more of them get a book...or some page time in another series at some point in the future *toes crossed*
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
We had a plan, my husband and I.
Settle down in Black Mountain.
Raise two boys.
Send them to Black Mountain Academy, the same school their father went to, the elite school that defined futures.
We were going to give them the best possible life.
Until our beautiful life became a living nightmare with one phone call. One funeral. One year of hell.
I was a bad widow, a bad mother for one year.
One year of suffering, of being the talk of the Black Mountain Academy gossip circle. But I was going to get myself together. Be picture perfect like I once was, even if I was dead inside.
Then he moved in next door. Entered my nightmare. Brought me back to life. Ruined everything.
Black Mountain Academy. From the outside, it may look perfect and ideal—school uniforms, exemplary teachers, privileged students. But anyone on the inside could tell you about the debauchery, the scandals, the drama, the forbidden--taboo--romances. Because where Black Mountain Academy is concerned... never judge a book by its cover.
Release Date: October 7th, 2020
Anne Malcom has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth. As she grew up, her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular, gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males and happily ever afters more fun than reading about them, Anne is not about to stop any time soon.
Raised in small-town New Zealand, Anne had a truly special childhood, growing up in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. She has backpacked across Europe, ridden camels in the Sahara, eaten her way through Italy, and had all sorts of crazy adventures. Currently living in London, she’s on a whole new adventure. Watch this space…






Comments
Post a Comment