Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football) by Ilsa Madden-Mills ~**~


***5 ‘I’ll Wait’ Stars***

This baby surprised me. 

In the best of ways, but still. It was kinda what I expected it to be and yet, I was nothing like I thought it would be and that was a full on pleasant surprise as I got totally caught up in Anastasia and River and can honestly say that I hated it when there were no more words to read because I didn’t want to say good-bye.

I adored Anastasia and River. Ana has had an interesting and unique upbringing that has made her comfortable in her own skin. She is sassy, snarky and has a compassionate soul. River was a surprise. I found that I wanted to Gibbs smack him as much as I wanted to hug the guy ~ sometimes at the same time ~ because he was simply that sweet and infuriating, and couldn’t help but fall in love with his golden heart. 

The journey to their HEA wasn’t an easy one. It was all kinds of bumpy and frustrating, but it was also sweet and swoon worthy. The chemistry between them was hard to miss ~ even when they were baiting each other ~ and once they find a common, if uneven ground, it just grew until neither could deny it. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It went places I wasn’t expecting, but it was all done well and everything that happened only served to aid in Ana and River’s growth as individuals and as a couple. And as for the supporting cast of characters...Hollis, Crew, Carl, June, Lila, Colette, Callie and Benji were all kinds of awesome! I’ll admit that Benji was my fav of the bunch ~ especially after Spike came on the scene ~ but I really did like them all and I’m crossing my toes that we’ll get glimpses of everyone in Hollis’s & Crew’s books when they come out.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

River Tate is a god on campus.

The king of football.

A tattooed bad boy with gunmetal eyes that see right through you.

The only chink in his armor is her, the girl he pretends doesn’t exist, the forbidden one with the shy smile and lavender hair.

Anastasia Bailey is a nobody.

The queen of nothing.

An outsider with the face of an angel and a body made for sin.

The only chink in her armor is him, her boyfriend’s frat brother, the football player who hates her.

But when Anastasia’s life comes crashing down, River’s the one who sweeps in and picks up the pieces.

Torn between loyalty, lies, and secrets, he battles the temptation to take everything from her when they make their revenge pact.

He can’t tell her no.

Because revenge (or love) is, sweet, and once you get a taste, the craving never ends.

The Revenge Pact is first in a series about three college football players.

Release Date: December 3rd, 2020

Goodreads | Amazon | Amazon Worldwide 


Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today best-selling author Ilsa Madden-Mills is best known for her angsty new adult romances and romantic comedies.

Eight of her eleven novels have placed in the Amazon Top 10 Best-seller List: Dirty English #1; Fake Fiancée and I Dare You #2; I Bet You, Filthy English, and Very Bad Things #6; Boyfriend Bargain #8; The Last Guy, her collaboration with Tia Louise, #4. 

A former high school English teacher, she adores all things Pride and Prejudice, and of course, Mr. Darcy is her ultimate hero. 

She's addicted to frothy coffee beverages, cheesy magnets, and any book featuring unicorns and sword-wielding females. Feel free to stalk her online.

 

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram | FB Group | Amazon | Bookbub


Comments