Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Scars of Yesterday (The Sons of Templar MC #8) by Anne Malcom ~**~


***5 Stars***

I’ve attempted this review more times ~ on ‘paper’ and in my head ~ than I care to admit, but nothing I’ve attempted feels right.

It’s either too much or not enough. There has been no middle ground. So, I’m gonna keep it short and sweet (I hope)

This book is a journey. It is everything heartbreaking and heartwarming that I love about reading romance and then some. It had me laughing out loud, swooning and getting all kinds of teary eyed and sniffly. It’s about love, loss and finding a way to keep going ~ even in the most bleak of moments ~ and having a family, whether by blood or by choice, that will be there for you no matter what. 

As for Lizzie, Ranger and Kace. I fell into full on adoration for all of them. Lizzie is simply amazing because even with all that she went through she found a way to come out stronger for it, Ranger I hurt for him but loved how he loved and Kace definitely had me swooning in all kinds of ways. These three did my heart in and I loved every minute I got to spend with them ~ even the heartbreaking ones.

This really was a great read, a rough one with all the emotional landmines, but a great read. The dark is balanced out by the light and I loved how everything was handled. I’m a sucker for secondary characters, and though I have not read all of the books in the series, I loved getting to hang out with the SOT crew. They are all crazy and loving and truly encompass what family is with how they rallied behind each other and I cannot wait to hang out with them all again.

This book can be read as a stand-alone, so if you haven’t read the series you’ll be alright. It does cover quite a few years, so you will hear about all the other characters and get some insight on what they’ve been through, but it will only serve to make you want to grab their books if you haven’t already.

~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~

The Sons of Templar MC.

I'm sure you've heard of them.

They're infamous.

Murderers.

Criminals.

Outlaws.

But to me, they're family.

My husband wore the cut for well over a decade. For almost as long as he wore a wedding ring. Our marriage survived wars. Deaths. Blood. The cuts were deep. And they never healed quite right. But we survived.

Until we didn't.

He promised me forever. And he gave it to me. His version of it, at least. Mine was longer, though. Much longer.

I wanted to blame the Sons for killing my husband, wanted to hate the club. The cut. But that was impossible. Especially when I found myself falling in love with another man wearing the same cut.

Just when I thought there was nothing left in me to wound, he cut me the deepest.

Release Date: November 25th, 2020

Goodreads | Amazon US * AU * CA * UK  

 

Anne Malcom  has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth. As she grew up, her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular, gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males and happily ever afters more fun than reading about them, Anne is not about to stop any time soon.

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram

Comments