Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: Playing With Trouble by Amy Andrews ~**~

***4 Stars***

I saw “Rugby” and then I saw “manny” and went gimme. 

Gimme now.

Because rugby is the bestest sport ever! 

And the idea of a rugby lad turning manny...well, I couldn’t resist and I have to say, the book was a lot of fun. It was sweet, frustrating, funny and just an all around quick and fun read that had me rolling my eyes and laughing out loud many times over and also crossing my toes that this isn’t the last time we see the characters we got to meet in Colorado.

I really liked Jane and Cole. Jane is sweet, sassy and determined. I loved her drive and ambition, even when it meant that she had to work her fingers to the bone to accomplish it all. Cole, at first glance, is a bit of a grump, but it was totally understandable with all that was going on in his life, but when he finally got out of his own head, he was a great guy. Charming, caring and had just enough alpha in him to make him all kinds of swoon worthy.

Their journey to their HEA was a lot of fun to witness. Their “meet cute” wasn’t all that cute, but definitely interesting and things just rolled on from there. While there were moments where I felt like I was watching two teenagers like each other, but not want to like each other, I enjoyed getting to experience how they got over themselves and found that they had a lot more in common than they thought. The roadblock in their journey wasn’t a surprise, but I liked how everything worked out for them in the end.

This was a fun, pretty low on the angst, quick read. I loved how the sport of rugby was brought into the story ~ I could totally ‘see’ it all going down in my head ~ and it cracked me up. As for the other characters. Finn was all kinds of precocious, high energy goodness. I definitely wouldn’t mind a book where Ronan gets his own HEA. And while we didn’t get to hang out a lot with the Credence crew, when we did, it was a lot of fun and I’m hoping we’ll get back there because I’d love to know more about Arlo. So, toes crossed!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

From pro rugby player to...Manny?

Australian rugby pro Cole Hauser has had enough of speculations about his future post-injury. So when a football buddy puts his house in America at Cole’s disposal, he jumps at the chance for some peace and anonymity. The plan is perfect—until he discovers he’s roomies with a woman who knows how to wield a nail gun and her kid. Awesome. Not.

Single mom Jane Spencer is supposed to be spending four weeks alone in the wilds of Colorado rehabbing a house that’ll put her business on the map. Instead, her time is overrun by her four-year-old and a grumpy, too-sexy rugby dude whose only goals are to watch ESPN and brood. Awesome. Not.

When, surprisingly, McHottie offers to get his ass off the couch and help Jane out with Finn, she’s hesitant. But before she knows it, Cole is knee-deep in kid activities during the day and they’re both fighting their simmering attraction at night.

Anything between them can only be temporary - their time together is short and Cole lives on the other side of the planet. It should be easy to say goodbye, right? Wrong. It doesn’t take long for them to realize they’ve borrowed a whole lot of trouble.

But trouble never felt this good. 

Release Date: November 30th, 2020

Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play | Audible

Amy is an award-winning, USA Today best-selling Aussie author who has written seventy plus contemporary romances in both the traditional and digital markets.

Her books bring all the feels from sass, quirk and laughter to emotional grit and panty-melting heat.

She loves good books and great booze although she'll take mediocre booze if there's nothing else. For many, many years she was a registered nurse which means she knows things. Anatomical things. And she’s not afraid to use them!

She recently took a sea change and lives by the ocean with her husband of 29 years.

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter

Comments