***4 Stars***
This baby took me on a ride I wasn’t expecting.
I figured there would be some emotional upheaval going on, how could it not with a kid involved (a really cute, sweet one btw) but the other stuff...yeah, wasn’t expecting that, though it did keep me turning the pages to see how everything panned out, but this one hell of a ride.
I really liked Hope and JR. Hope is something of an enigma. She’s got this innocence about her, but she’s also worldly. It’s an intriguing mix that had me wanting to know more about her. And then there is JR, he is a bit of a grump, but considering what happened to him, I couldn’t blame him one bit. But once you push that to the side, you get a man who is simply a good man, who loves deeply.
Their journey was definitely an interesting one because it’s that strange mix of insta and slow burn all at the same time, but totally works while it’s happening. What I found interesting about JR and Hope was that on one hand, they are total opposites in how they were raised and their life experiences, but when you go deep, they are totally on the same wave length. They may have had a rocky start, but their mutual fascination/attraction eventually got the better of them and had them giving in and despite all the odds against them ~ ones that they put in place and just the world at large, they finally got the HEA they both deserved.
This is my first read by the author and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. The writing was engaging, pacing was good and I liked the dual POV’s. I will say there were a couple of things that I wish were fleshed out a little more ~ not because I don’t think they were handled well, more that I wanted a bit more out them. As for the secondary cast of characters. There were two who I wanted to gut with a spoon ~ extreme? Maybe, but they totally deserve that reaction ~ but outside fo those two, I loved everyone else and what they brought to the story and then there is Scout. I gotta say, he’s got a pretty interesting story thus far, so I’m looking forward to seeing what it’ll take for him to get his own HEA.
~ Copy provided by the author & voluntarily reviewed ~
Hope
I blame the alcohol.
I lost my restaurant business, was forced to sell my dad’s cherished 1967 Chevy Impala, and I got a little drunk.
Now I’m waking up with the hottest, angriest guy I’ve ever seen, speeding down the highway like a bat out of hell.
Ice-blue eyes hit mine with stomach-clenching force…
And he swerves onto the shoulder, ready to kick me out.
Needless to say, our romance doesn’t start out sweet.
J.R.
Two years ago, I hugged my little boy goodbye and told him I’d be right back.
Next thing I knew, I was arrested and sent to prison for a crime I didn’t commit.
Until they let me out early…
Now I’m headed home to confront the man who put me away.
A lie put me behind bars, and I’m ready to find the truth.
I don’t have time for a sexy girl with pale blonde hair and bright blue eyes stowed away on the backseat of my new car.
My mission is to get my son back and clear my name.
Love is not on the agenda.
It never is, though, is it?
Release Date: December 14th, 2020
Tia Louise is the USA Today best-selling, award-winning author of sexy-sweet military romance, small town romance, single parent romance, and romantic suspense novels.
After being a teacher, a book editor, a journalist, and finally a magazine editor, she started writing love stories and never stopped.
Louise lives in the Midwest with her trophy husband, two teenage geniuses, and one grumpy cat.






Comments
Post a Comment