Skip to main content

~**~ ARC Review: The Fighter (Barrett Boys #2) by Jordan Ford ~**~


***4 Stars***

After finishing the epilogue in The Runaway, I knew I’d be making grabby hands at The Fighter because I NEEDED to know just what the hell happened and how things would work themselves out and I have to say that I wasn’t disappointed. Kena and Deeks story was definitely a rollercoaster of a ride that kept me turning the pages until the very end.

I really liked Kena and Deeks. Kena has had her world crash around her and she is struggling. But even with everything going on, she still has an eye to having a future ~ even if it’s not the one she’d always picture for herself. Deeks world has gone wonky on him quite a few times and while the life he is living right now isn’t all that great, he does have a purpose and reason to keep doing what he’s been doing.

Their journey is an interesting one to say the least. From the moment they collide, they actually make sense together. Deeks runs on emotion, while Kena tends to be a little more logical. While they are opposites in almost every way, what they do share brings them closure and makes them see each other for exactly who they are and find that they really like who the other person is. They both made decisions that didn’t necessarily make sense, but at least they realized it ~ even if it was after the fact. But while things between them do happen quickly, I didn’t have an issue with it at all, sometimes being thrust together in a high stress situation can work in ones favor, and I really liked where they were at in the end.

I have to say that there is something addicting about these characters, and this is only the second book in the series. They all have that “thing” that draws you in and makes you want more. The situations Kena and Deeks find themselves in are pretty intense and could be triggers for some, so reader beware. But I loved what Arley brought to the story and getting to catch up with Michael, Annie and Jackson was awesome. Now for that epilogue, while not as intense as the one in The Runaway, this one also has me quite interested in getting my hands on the next book to see what will happen next in the world of the Barrett Boys.

~ Copy provided by Forever Love Publishing & voluntarily reviewed ~


He’ll do anything to save a young girl’s life. She’s a runaway who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Can a carjacking turn into a partnership that will redeem them both?

Deeks:

I may be an asshole, but I’d never intentionally hurt an innocent.

I had to steal her car, though.

To save someone I swore to protect.

I’ve screwed up enough times to turn my life into a wreck.

But I’m not failing on this one.

Maybe this chick can help me.

I don’t want to risk her life, but she’s smart and resourceful, and just might know how to keep us alive.

Kena Chan with her beautiful eyes and knock-out smile.

Grandpa would love her. He always told me to find a girl who was a thinker. “They’re worth their weight in gold, son. If anyone can get you out of a mess, it’s a woman who’s smarter than you are.”

I hope he’s right.

I hope that the Barrett in me can find the strength to fight this battle and get everyone to safety before it’s too late.

Release Date: January 20th, 2021

Goodreads | Amazon 

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram | Pintrest 

Comments